Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Rebuilt x-charger = hammer on it tomorrow

About to reinstall my freshly rebuilt x-charger (by Jerry) with the "best" washers, Viton seal and set at 15lbs slip. Hauling this bitch out to the cold CO river tomorrow morning.
    Cold, flat azz water, air temps should be at least in the 50s and some downstream current just south of the Hoover Dam should yield me some VERY high 70s-80ish mph....hopefully my driveshaft bellow doesnt wimp out too badly tomorrow

In fact....this should be a good ride to wear my scary pumpkin face stocking over my head

+1
    Bellows should be frozen solid!! Good luck!

Frozen?

Yea I'll be riding behind the seat on my toenails and sport'n a chubby, lmfao!

Went to the river and it pulled off a "disappointing" best of 78.9...winds were somewhat gusty, so the water was just a little less than perfect. Got all my RPMs back with the charger rebuild, so thats great.
    Besides the tired charger, i knew I had a driveshaft bellow getting weak on me....left the river, picked up my O-rings from the dealer to slide into the grooves of the bellow. Found the clamps around the bellow to be slightly loose and also my floating ring was a little frozen/jammed on the shaft/C-clip. Was never that bound up before. Reinstalled everything along with a new c-clip and rode it on the lake (instead of the river). Winds there were even more gusty and had almost shitty water. Now, with the tweaked bellow boot, I got all my torque/thrust back....so now it totally feels like normal again. But with the less than ideal water, I was only able to grab 77.3. Not too bad considering the water and gusty wind pushing me everywhere. Gonna try and get out again this week and grab 79.X

Quote Originally Posted by blkturbo! View Post
    ...i knew I had a driveshaft bellow getting weak on me....left the river, picked up my O-rings from the dealer to slide into the grooves of the bellow. Found the clamps around the bellow to be slightly loose. Reinstalled everything and rode it on the lake (instead of the river). Winds there were even more gusty and had almost shitty water. Now, with the tweaked bellow boot, I got all my torque/thrust back. But with the less than ideal water, I was only able to grab 77.3. Not too bad considering the water and gusty wind pushing me everywhere. Gonna try and get out again this week and grab 79.X
    Got my speed on the river yesterday that I was hoping to get last week. 80.1 with the rebuilt charger and the bellow tended to More minor mods to come. Hoping to inch my way to 82 with the speedfreeks plate and eventually my 4in air intake plus other really minor bullshit mods

Banned User
    +1
    Please, please, PLEASE tell me I am reading your signature wrong...3" intake?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by blkturbo! View Post
    Got my speed on the river yesterday that I was hoping to get last week. 80.1 with the rebuilt charger and the bellow tended to More minor mods to come. Hoping to inch my way to 82 with the speedfreeks plate and eventually my 4in air intake plus other really minor bullshit mods
    Great speed with what mods you have, keep us posted on your new speeds when you change you rideplate from jims to speedfreaks. Cant wait to see if there is a big difference. Also did you ever check your afr's with your setup?

Quote Originally Posted by Danny View Post
    Please, please, PLEASE tell me I am reading your signature wrong...3" intake?
    haha, yes i am STILL using my 3in intake. I have the 4in kanaflex ready to go, but im too nervous to install it and find out the hard way that it will throw me too lean. Actually, I have no idea if im too lean or too rich since I have NOT checked my air/fuel ratio yet either. Im still at a point where im not monitoring anything yet and so thats why im playing safe and leaving the 3in to choke it right now.

What im stalling on is the new plug and play monitoring device to be finished from the Dyno Research guys. However, at the moment my plugs do seem to burn nicely. I change them roughly every 15-20hrs and they always come out looking as they are on point. Not black and rich, and not burnt white to a crisp as though lean. They appear "middle of the road" as much as i can tell.

Impressive numbers..

What nozzle do you have? WIth my 15/20 on 83mm ring i was on the limiter at 80MPH. Same grate, same plate. If your close to limiter you should repitch.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information