Thread: ultra 150
11-19-2011, 12:14 AM #1
- Join Date
- Jul 2010
- brisbane qld australia
my ski is not starting at boat ramp .just had serviced. does it not like traveling or is the fuel pump fucked? seems to starve its self of fuel after awhile on full throttle. carbie or what?
11-19-2011, 09:23 AM #2
Could be the fuel pump, could be the carbs need work, could be the fuel filter, or a problem with the pulse line for the pump, or plugging of the in-tank pickup, etc.
What did they do when they serviced it? Was it running good before?
11-19-2011, 09:28 AM #3
- Join Date
- May 2006
1. Fuel filter, plugged? can you see fuel in it when trying to start?
2. Fuel tank vent stuck, easy to test, just loosen the fuel cap when it seems to be starving and see if picks up again.
3. Plugs? Are the wet or dry when you can't get it to start? Flooded or starved for fuel.
4. Spark? getting any?
5. Fuel valve plugged.
6. Lean, its do a light seize when your going WOT
7. Compression, if #6 is the case, you may be low on compression and hard to start.
8. Could be the fuel pump, mine the diaphram failed, easy to check, suck on the pulse line fitting and if you don't get a vacuum then it failed.
9. Stop start switch issues or layard.
10. Battery, does it crank at normal speed or slow.
Users Browsing this Thread
There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)
By Marineking in forum Kawasaki ClassifiedsReplies: 6Last Post: 04-26-2011, 12:21 AM
By vettez062002 in forum Kawasaki ClassifiedsReplies: 10Last Post: 10-30-2010, 08:05 PM
By jcc011185 in forum Kawasaki ClassifiedsReplies: 1Last Post: 10-25-2010, 09:34 PM
By vettez062002 in forum Kawasaki SkisReplies: 5Last Post: 08-21-2010, 10:45 AM
By ev0klr in forum Kawasaki ClassifiedsReplies: 0Last Post: 12-15-2008, 11:47 PM