+1

300x hull designed with hook?

Any of you guys ever took a close look at the 300x hull from the rear? I know from my old GPR days a lot of guys refered to it as a HOOK which robbed major speed on the GPR`s and im not sure if it would help the 300x but i took a straight edge to the rear 1 ft of my hull and was amazed at what i found.This hull was either designed this way on purpose or they did`nt pay close attention to the molds. when i put the straight edge up to the hull at the rear i found that you can probably slide 2 Quarters under the middle of the straight edge just at the back 12 inches of the hull.now that may not be mean a whole lot on a ultra hull but on a gpr that is a HUGE mph robbing issue.IMO it would be a faster hull if the back 1 ft of the hull was flat and straight.

Banned User
    +1
    It's designed that way make it to flat and in the rough it's starts handling like crspola.

Formerly Ultra250 TN Aquaholic6801's Avatar
    +1
    Thats there to help with the rough water handling.....there were a few that removed the hook on the 250, didnt help much for top speed and some of the rough water handling went away.......

+1
    i noticed the hook on my buddies kawy 250, he sanded the hooks down and he said it didnt make any diference.

+1
    Yup, we sanded down the hook on mine. Made no "noticable" difference in speed or handling. After the scom, the only things that make difference in speed are a riva plate and/or cold weather. lol

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by stangbang View Post
    Yup, we sanded down the hook on mine. Made no "noticable" difference in speed or handling. After the scom, the only things that make difference in speed are a riva plate and/or cold weather. lol
    You noticed a difference between the plate MM uses and the Riva plate? They sure seemed almost completely identical having both in my hands. I noticed a difference but did not think that would make a speed difference, or are you comparing it to the oem plate?

+1
    Sorry, lol! I meant a 250 riva plate. Which I have not tried on my 300. I was kind of just joking around in general, that other than the scom, speed is hard to come by other than a crappy handling 250 plate or cold weather. More of a joke than anything.

Quote Originally Posted by lasportsmn View Post
    You noticed a difference between the plate MM uses and the Riva plate? They sure seemed almost completely identical having both in my hands. I noticed a difference but did not think that would make a speed difference, or are you comparing it to the oem plate?

+1
    I completely agree with you. I thought you knew something I didn't.

Thread Information