Exhaust water Pill/Jet

So i had the R&D water resrtictor plate installed in my exhaust manifold collector which is a part in their cooling system kit. It restricts water flow to the exhaust. I switched it back to the factory/larger hole restrictor plate, just for testing, which is quite a bit of work, and now my 02 sensor gets wet really fast from too much water in the exhaust.
    Instead of changing the plates back i decided to make a restrictor Pill/Jet that fits inside the water hose going to the collector.
    The water hose from the voltage regulator to the exhaust collector is the only entry point for the exhaust water injection.
    Easy to make the restrictor. Once again home depot sells 1/2 inch OD round aluminum stock.. Simply measure, cut and drill once again and you can slide the pill inside 1/2 inch ID hose to restrict flow.
    Much easier to do.
    The R&D restrictor plate water hole is .150.
    OEM is almost double that i believe.
    I drilled the hole to .140 on the pill.
    Also makes it easy to check and if necessary clean the hole in the pill if it gets clogged.
    Hole in the factory or R&D plate would be very hard to clean without disassembling the exhaust collector.
    Water injection volume is now easily adjustable depending on the size hole you drill in the pill.
    Laser temp gun should work well to measure exhaust pipe temps if you want to fine tune the system..
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	018.jpg 
Views:	50 
Size:	119.2 KB 
ID:	258927   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	015.jpg 
Views:	48 
Size:	48.6 KB 
ID:	258926   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	009.jpg 
Views:	58 
Size:	88.2 KB 
ID:	258925   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	020.jpg 
Views:	45 
Size:	100.9 KB 
ID:	258928   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	023.jpg 
Views:	53 
Size:	95.7 KB 
ID:	258929   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	017.jpg 
Views:	52 
Size:	91.7 KB 
ID:	258930  

+1
    Did you notice any difference in holeshot going from the R&D plate back to stock? I removed the R&D kit & switched to Riva's cooling setup but left in the R&D restrictor plate.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by mjh3ides View Post
    I removed the R&D kit & switched to Riva's cooling setup but left in the R&D restrictor plate.
    Same here. Maybe that's why my original O2 sensor has never had a problem even after two summers of use without ever being removed.

Will take a shit now for sure...

+1
    My first O2 sensor lasted quite a while with that plate in my exhaust as well. R&D actually doesn't include those plates in their cooling kits anymore. It's not because they are bad for it, I was told they just didn't make that big of a difference. I'll be adding a heat sink to my new O2 and that should make it last a lot longer.

Ross was this really easier then just reinstalling the plate? I installed mine when my motor was out so don't know how hard it is to do with everything in the hull.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by hitman View Post
    My first O2 sensor lasted quite a while with that plate in my exhaust as well. R&D actually doesn't include those plates in their cooling kits anymore. It's not because they are bad for it, I was told they just didn't make that big of a difference. I'll be adding a heat sink to my new O2 and that should make it last a lot longer.

Ross was this really easier then just reinstalling the plate? I installed mine when my motor was out so don't know how hard it is to do with everything in the hull.
    I have the dynotune heat sink, & it needs to be indexed so the hole points into the exhaust stream. I'll be doing mine tomorrow & have a bunch of shims of different thickness to get the heat sink indexed. I should have plenty of extras, so if you need I'll send you some. Also, not sure which adaptor you're using, but my heat sink wouldn't fit in Riva's so I am using the R&D adaptor.

I havent tested performance Mark, just trying to keep my 02 dry... Is it easier? Good grief yes..
    To change the plate you either have to pull the exhaust manifold out or the waterbox out, them unbolt the collector off the manifold. 10 minutes to make and install the pill compared to a couple hours for the plate..

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by mjh3ides View Post
    I have the dynotune heat sink, & it needs to be indexed so the hole points into the exhaust stream. I'll be doing mine tomorrow & have a bunch of shims of different thickness to get the heat sink indexed. I should have plenty of extras, so if you need I'll send you some. Also, not sure which adaptor you're using, but my heat sink wouldn't fit in Riva's so I am using the R&D adaptor.
    Awesome info Ross. I have the heat sink here at my house but hadn't put it in yet. Yes I have the Riva adaptor currently so I guess I better order up the R&D one. If you know what shim will index it correctly that would be fantastic. Would be more then happy to paypal you something for shipping and your time in figuring it out.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by hitman View Post
    Awesome info Ross. I have the heat sink here at my house but hadn't put it in yet. Yes I have the Riva adaptor currently so I guess I better order up the R&D one. If you know what shim will index it correctly that would be fantastic. Would be more then happy to paypal you something for shipping and your time in figuring it out.
    Todd I have the RIVA adaptor in my ski with heat sink and so does Tommy. Bob

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Oldman View Post
    Todd I have the RIVA adaptor in my ski with heat sink and so does Tommy. Bob
    Ah. I guess I will just have to go out there and see. Thanks Bob!

Thread Information