Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    +1

SRX vs SRZ props

I just purchased a SRX-15/22R off of the greenhulk store for my 2011 Rxpx. When I removed my impeller I noticed a "notch" with an Oring that the solas SRX 15/22r does not have. I started looking and found that solas now makes a SRZ impeller they state is used for the 2009 and up prop shafts.

Can I use the SRX prop on this shaft? Do I need to have the prop machined with the same notch?

Thanks
    Mike

+1
    hi i just got a solas srx 15 /22r prop for my 2011 rxpx.i asked greenhulk himself if it would fit and he said that it would fit.i have not taken off my stock prop yet.i think when you put it you leave off the o ring.not sure but if you have to machine the prop i want my money back because this would bullshit. thanx richard.

+1
    hmmm... not sure but here is a pic of the differences

first the solas prop

the stock prop

And the pump

You can see the pump shaft where the stock prop "fits" into... If you don't machine the SRX prop, it will sit about 1/8" higher on the pump than the stock. Whether or not that is important is what I am trying to understand.

+1
    Guys I think you should just PM Jerry (Greenhulk) on this if you have any concerns or questions about the props rather than post some bull shit on the forum. You will not find a better tech support person than Jerry, if something is wrong he can answer any of your questions and I'll guarantee he'll make good on anything if there is a problem. Atleast one of the post above seems to lean towards stating that Jerry has sold you something like it was some kind of shady deal, we all know thats not the case. After speaking with him I hope you both get it worked out.

+1
    Both versions will work just fine! SpeedFreeks set back mod, grinds down this area even further moving the blades even closer to the pump. Nothing NEEDS to be done to either impeller and both will work "AS IS" with no issues. Chill.........

+1
    post some bull shit on the forum.
    Chill.........
    Hopefully these comments are in reference to rjefferys post... I simply wanted to know if I needed to have the prop machined. I knew I was purchasing a SRX impeller, nothing was misrepresented. Maybe I misunderstood the purpose of this forum in being a support forum! I felt it might be easier to ask those that have come before me before bugging Jerry about a question many people could answer.

Nothing NEEDS to be done to either impeller and both will work "AS IS" with no issues.
    Thats basically all I was asking, thanks

+1
    Your new prop will not work as it is right now, you would need to machine it.

Best bet would be to hook up with Jerry, he may do a straight swap for the newer prop.

R88

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Madmike1 View Post
    Hopefully these comments are in reference to rjefferys post... I simply wanted to know if I needed to have the prop machined. I knew I was purchasing a SRX impeller, nothing was misrepresented. Maybe I misunderstood the purpose of this forum in being a support forum! I felt it might be easier to ask those that have come before me before bugging Jerry about a question many people could answer.

Thats basically all I was asking, thanks
    You are correct Madmike1, was not directed towards you and yes you have some great questions for the forum. Worked 14 straight yesterday and was tired as hell so I dont take it personal.

+1
    Worked 14 straight yesterday and was tired as hell so I dont take it personal.
    No problem bro

Your new prop will not work as it is right now, you would need to machine it.
    Now this is where it gets confusing... who to believe? JT is your solas prop "set back" on your 2010 Rxtx?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Madmike1 View Post
    No problem bro

Now this is where it gets confusing... who to believe?
    Install the prop, you will see, as you have said earlyer that it will be sitting forward by a couple mm, the new prop will not tighten down correctly as the hub design is different.

Contact Jerry, that would be my best advice.

R88

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information