+1

Back Up Plan Fishing

Yesterday morning I dropped my jet ski at Lynhaven Inlet around 0630 and headed to out to the Chesapeake Bay Bridge Tunnel. I was at the Third Island casting around the rocks when my ski cut off. It would turn over but not start, I changed the plugs and checked all the connections with no luck. I was close to the shipping lanes so I called out on the radio if someone could give me a short tow and then I would anchor up. I had a couple of offers to help and to my luck one of them was a guy named Hal and his father in law who were already going back in to Marina Shores after having done some fly fishing for Stripers. They towed me back to Crab Creek Boat Ramp by 0830. Thanks a lot guys!
    After I got my ski back on the trailer it started right up but would not start up every time I turned it over. I did not want to take any chances so back home I went.
    Not wanting to miss out on a nice day of fishing I grabbed my other rigged up pwc and this time dropped at Messick Boat Ramp In Poquoson. I was back at the Bay Bridge by 1200 hrs. I fished around the Islands for Stripers with no luck so I decided to try some togging. It was slow fishing but I managed to catch eight Tautog. Most of them were caught on some frozen fiddler crabs I vacuum packed weeks ago. I also used live blue crab and hermit crab.
    It was flat and glassy all day, I am glad I had my Back Up Ski so I could still get out for a day of fishing. Here are some pictures. I think the second pictures is of Hals boat, the Good Samaritan who towed me in.

+1
    JSB,
    Thanks for the post yet again. I actually have a network of relatives and friends who I share these with. None of them own or ride PWC's, but they soooooooooooo look forward to me sending along your posts in e-mail. They like fishing and photography and you have certainly blended the 2 seemlessly..... Thanks.

+1
    JSB=Real Fisherman! Gee man, I'd packed it in for the day after the first ski said no-go.

+1
    Thanks for the replies. I will at Cayman Island this week jet ski fishing.Woo Hoo!

Thread Information