Thread: 2011 rxpx mods

Jerry, Jerry, Jerry jerryspringer's Avatar
    +1

Wink 2011 rxpx mods

Hey guys ,

I live in Australia, so local mod options come at big $$

need some advice from the greenhulk panel regarding mods to rxpx 2011

Heres the plan...

im wanting to do the following but b4 i order from usa , just wanna make sure ive got the right setup

8650 riva ecu (does anyone know if this is a new computer reflashed or do i have to send mine to get tweaked)
    riva valve retainers
    50' inj ( but ive read previously that 48 work better, please clarify)
    riva drop in wheel and housing ( xx charger i think its called) or if theres a better equilvalent please let me know, i wanting 14 + psi
    rrfpr riva
    4 inch air
    15/19 skat prop

will i need anything else ?

any suggestion tips would be greater appreciated

thanks

Autism Speaks. Its Time To Listen gOt BoOsT's Avatar
    +1
    reading signatures is a good way to get an idea of what works...

+1
    another question, if i buy a riva ecu, doesnt it come with lanyard...do i need to hook up to buds b4 i get it to work ?//

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by jerryspringer View Post
    Hey guys ,

I live in Australia, so local mod options come at big $$

need some advice from the greenhulk panel regarding mods to rxpx 2011

Heres the plan...

im wanting to do the following but b4 i order from usa , just wanna make sure ive got the right setup

8650 riva ecu (does anyone know if this is a new computer reflashed or do i have to send mine to get tweaked) Riva will send you a new computer that they have reflashed. You will need to take it to your dealer to have it activated and the keys re-programmed
    riva valve retainers Are you referring to the Riva valve train upgrade here? This is new springs and retainers.
    50' inj ( but ive read previously that 48 work better, please clarify)Riva say to use their style 50# injectors, which are said to be crap, I cant comment because I personally havent used them. I have the bosch 48#
    riva drop in wheel and housing ( xx charger i think its called) or if theres a better equilvalent please let me know, i wanting 14 + psi The Riva XX is a great wheel, it gives awesome acceleration with the Riva ECU. The ET137 will give very similar boost, and they are lighter. Again I cant comment on which is better, I have the Riva.
    rrfpr riva
    4 inch air
    15/19 skat prop

will i need anything else ?

any suggestion tips would be greater appreciated

thanks
    Looks like you have everything covered. This set up is very similar to mine. You wont be disappointed.

One piece of advice I will offer is to get Jerry to reflash your stock ECU rather than go with the Riva. That way he can map it for whatever injectors you like and for the boost you plan to run. You should see just over 14psi at 8600.
    You will need to plan to monitor your AFR's also.

Good luck

+1
    hey Monaraman ...

thanks for ya tips. quick question.. what you mean when you say a plan to monitor afr... is the the lc 1 guage , it seems to be the guage of choice on the site. ?

wonder what sort of speed our running, i realise condiotion air temp sea level play a part, just wondering what to expect as a rough indication

thanks again

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by jerryspringer View Post
    hey Monaraman ...

thanks for ya tips. quick question.. what you mean when you say a plan to monitor afr... is the the lc 1 guage , it seems to be the guage of choice on the site. ?

wonder what sort of speed our running, i realise condiotion air temp sea level play a part, just wondering what to expect as a rough indication

thanks again
    Yer mate, you will have to have your exhaust mani drilled and tapped for an O2 sensor then install an innivate LC1 or something similar. They are about $200 on Aus eBay..

I seldom get anything that resembles calm water, and I no longer have a GPS (I had 2 waterproof Garmins that both broke due to water damage ). Top speed isn't a huge concern of mine, I just love the arm tearing acceleration

I think the setup would be good for ~80mph... With the 3 blade prop that your looking at running, probably around the high 70's

+1
    95 % of my riding is in chop also ... i love the thrust also . its why im opting 3 blade ... you tried 3 blade on your set up... ?

+1
    No I have never actually tried a 3 blade. It would be interesting to see how much difference it actually makes..

Thread Information