Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Most effective solution to solve sprag clutch issue....

can someone give a suggestion to solve yamaha sprag clutch when using hi boost wheel in c.course racing....

+1
    the dampering system from Riva yamaha !!

+1

I am not sure if this is true. From reading the Riva material their dampening system was initially designed to save the teeth on the newer style gear. I don't know if it will also save the clutch.

Remember there are 2 problems that need to be solved (clutch faiure and teeth getting stripped off) and with these new products there has been relatively very little testing so we don't know what will hold up under what riding conditions with what amount of boost.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by philip_gpr View Post

I am not sure if this is true. From reading the Riva material their dampening system was initially designed to save the teeth on the newer style gear. I don't know if it will also save the clutch.

Remember there are 2 problems that need to be solved (clutch faiure and teeth getting stripped off) and with these new products there has been relatively very little testing so we don't know what will hold up under what riding conditions with what amount of boost.
    Agreed. Will have to see how this one pans out but a system that slips rather than dampens seems like it would absorb more energy, relieving more stress from the sprag and the teeth. Time will tell.

+1
    turbo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I ran the old style clutch and had no problems.
    But I did have the teeth strip off one SC shaft.

+1
    For what its worth, if you guys go over to the Riva Forums you can read a lot more about the damper system directly from Riva via their posts. Obviously they are biased in its performance, but they claim high boost and Motec with no failures. Seems like they did/ are doing a lot of testing. Time will tell.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by mikeFZR View Post
    For what its worth, if you guys go over to the Riva Forums you can read a lot more about the damper system directly from Riva via their posts. Obviously they are biased in its performance, but they claim high boost and Motec with no failures. Seems like they did/ are doing a lot of testing. Time will tell.
    I will be testing that damper gear in the early spring. I am not looking to go Turbo, as that costs a lot more, and then it puts my FZR in the OPEN class which is not a class I am looking to compete in.

Thanks for the reply guy...the first thing in my head is seadoo style sc clutch..does anyone comes with idea to lock the original sprag clutch and use with riva dampener along with seadoo style sc shaft for yamaha...i wonder if it works?

+1
    I went back and reread the Riva material. They are clearly hoping this product will also help save the clutch.

Though I expect we will see with big boost motors and harsh (race) conditions a separate slip clutch will also be required.

I also checked the Riva forum and I didn't see any customer feedback there yet.

The good news is they are now shipping product so we might start seeing some forum posts with actual customer feedback.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information