Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 29
  1. #1

    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    1,833
    +1
    119

    Riva ECU w/ 9200 RPM V-Tech rev limit increase

    Anyone have feed back on raised rev limit of the Riva ECU to 9200 rpm? (I have an 04 RXP)-- V-Tech. How was the AFR at the higher revs compared to the stock 8600?


  2. #2
    Site Admin Green Hulk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Morgan City, LA
    Posts
    36,398
    +1
    2,524
    Quote Originally Posted by jim View Post
    Anyone have feed back on raised rev limit of the Riva ECU to 9200 rpm? (I have an 04 RXP)-- V-Tech. How was the AFR at the higher revs compared to the stock 8600?
    AFR will depend on what methods they use to raise fuel delivery and what AFR they decide to run at WOT.

    When running a 9200 limiter upgrade you need to come up with ways to deliver the additional fuel to keep the engine safe at those RPM's. Examples would be a BEGI or piggy back Rude fuel controller using larger injectors.

  3. #3
    West Texas RXP skoepp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    west texas
    Posts
    12,019
    +1
    149
    That's going to be the tough part, is finding what works at wot but still will idle.
    Begi sounds tempting.
    For you guys running bigger then 50s and riva ecu how are you fueling it?
    I know there been some turbos on riva ecu so maybe they will chime in.

  4. #4
    Site Admin Green Hulk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Morgan City, LA
    Posts
    36,398
    +1
    2,524
    Quote Originally Posted by skoepp View Post
    That's going to be the tough part, is finding what works at wot but still will idle.
    Begi sounds tempting.
    For you guys running bigger then 50s and riva ecu how are you fueling it?
    I know there been some turbos on riva ecu so maybe they will chime in.

    I have many customers that never even post on this forum but I can tell you quite a few of them are either running BEGI's or the Rude fuel controller with 60 lb injectors on a Riva ECU.
    That's about the only way you're going to be able to fuel 9200 RPM's with that ECU.

    Options coming in the future are a V-Tech ECU remap using 60 lb injectors and yet another that will use 82 lb injectors

  5. #5
    West Texas RXP skoepp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    west texas
    Posts
    12,019
    +1
    149
    When will those options be available?
    Thinking of turning up the riva so can turn 8800 rpm, until you have a good map for v tech.
    Do you think I can accomplish 8800 rpm with Bosch 50s and 3 rude?

  6. #6
    Site Admin Green Hulk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Morgan City, LA
    Posts
    36,398
    +1
    2,524
    Quote Originally Posted by skoepp View Post
    When will those options be available?
    Thinking of turning up the riva so can turn 8800 rpm, until you have a good map for v tech.
    Do you think I can accomplish 8800 rpm with Bosch 50s and 3 rude?
    Steven, hang tight it shouldn't be too much longer.

    8800 rpm with 50's, a 3rude and only a rrfpr? No way!
    You will need additional fueling.

  7. #7
    West Texas RXP skoepp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    west texas
    Posts
    12,019
    +1
    149
    Will do.
    I really appreciate the honest answer instead of going thru 2 phases chasing my tail.
    I will try it out at 8500 for time being if get out with the R3.

    Which 60 psi injectors are you going to recommended?

    Thanks

  8. #8
    Bob 1tommygunner1927's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Houston, Texas
    Posts
    6,378
    +1
    981
    Quote Originally Posted by Green Hulk View Post
    Steven, hang tight it shouldn't be too much longer.

    8800 rpm with 50's, a 3rude and only a rrfpr? No way!
    You will need additional fueling.
    How about the above with a Mini-Rude?

  9. #9
    Site Admin Green Hulk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Morgan City, LA
    Posts
    36,398
    +1
    2,524
    Mini rude is doable... Just use the rrfpr and check afr to be sure

  10. #10
    Bob 1tommygunner1927's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Houston, Texas
    Posts
    6,378
    +1
    981
    Quote Originally Posted by Green Hulk View Post
    Mini rude is doable... Just use the rrfpr and check afr to be sure
    Very well. Thanks Jerry! You'll being see my Riva ECU soon! But first I need to order the complete Riva valve train kit.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. FS - Parts FS 2006 Riva ECU w/ Vtech Map / V-tech Maptuner / bnib 60 lb siemens injectors
    By krouchchocolate in forum Sea Doo Classifieds
    Replies: 30
    Last Post: 01-02-2014, 11:25 AM
  2. FS - Parts ecu reflash 9200 rpm 10 000
    By CRT in forum Sea Doo Classifieds
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 09-24-2012, 07:41 PM
  3. V-Tech Rev Limiter increasing service now available
    By Green Hulk in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 61
    Last Post: 11-09-2011, 02:18 PM
  4. WTB WTT. Riva ecu '04-'05 for Seadoo Centre ecu 9200 rpm '04-'05
    By lars k in forum Sea Doo Classifieds
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 03-31-2011, 01:39 PM
  5. RPMs specs say rev limiter @ 8000?
    By meirvin in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 03-07-2006, 12:32 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •