Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    +1

GPSHO Compass Module plug ?

I'm getting close to wrapping this project up and wanted to finalize the last little wiring prior to installing the intercooler. My question is...

On the compass module (SHO Cruiser model), there are two plugs. I can't find where this plugs into anywhere on the harness. I found the one, but not the one pictured. Either I'm going crazy, or just simply overlooking it. I have to say, I scratched my head looking for a little while now. lol

Thanks in advance for any help.

**Attached are pictures of the compass module itself as well as the plug.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	compassplug.jpg 
Views:	56 
Size:	54.0 KB 
ID:	259182   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	compass.jpg 
Views:	57 
Size:	53.5 KB 
ID:	259183  

+1
    The white three wire plug is for the speed sensor. Yes it drove me crazy for hours.

Name:	SHO Service manual.jpg 
Views:	136 
Size:	80.1 KB 
ID:	259184  

+1
    The speed sensor plug looks identical. I've yet to plug that in either. I was assuming that end of the plug is inside the electrical box in the back of the ski near the ecu etc. The GP speed sensor plug (that comes off the sensor itself off the rideplate) is long enough to reach the front of the ski, but I assume the other end is in the electrical box in the back. Maybe I'm misunderstanding you, but I need the end on the harness where the plug I have pictured plugs into. (it's off the compass module itelf) It has two plugs and one is on the front of the harness near where the gauges, fuel pump etc plugs in. Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by beerdart View Post
    The white three wire plug is for the speed sensor. Yes it drove me crazy for hours.

+1
    Look at the shaded box in the above attachment #40 is the compass and #41 is the speed sensor.

+1
    Once I get home I'll have to take a closer look. My plug coming off my speed sensor and this plug off the compass module looks identical from what I remember. Is that what you're saying. If thats the case, the speed sensor plug off the GP1200 doesn't seem like it will work with the cruiser model as a result of this. I should have figured it wasn't a coincidence, both plugs look the same and I have no leads (female ends) to plug them into. They both appear to be the male end and identical from what I remember. I'm not concerned with the speedo not working, being I'll have the GPS mounted. I just don't want to throw any error codes. Thanks again for the help. Keith
    Quote Originally Posted by beerdart View Post
    Look at the shaded box in the above attachment #40 is the compass and #41 is the speed sensor.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by ksalles View Post
    Once I get home I'll have to take a closer look. My plug coming off my speed sensor and this plug off the compass module looks identical from what I remember. Is that what you're saying. If thats the case, the speed sensor plug off the GP1200 doesn't seem like it will work with the cruiser model as a result of this. I should have figured it wasn't a coincidence, both plugs look the same and I have no leads (female ends) to plug them into. They both appear to be the male end and identical from what I remember. I'm not concerned with the speedo not working, being I'll have the GPS mounted. I just don't want to throw any error codes. Thanks again for the help. Keith
    i think is for the reverse sensor, the sho has a sensor on the reverse braket that you need to put it on the gpr if not you are not going to be able to get rpms check that i think is that plug

+1
    I have the gray plug off the reverse sensor plugged in. That is the one I'll have to epoxy the magnet to the rear of the sensor in order to get full rpms. This plug is the one off the compass module. Same color, same configuration plug etc as the one off the GP speedo sensor. I was wondering if the speedo sensor wire on the SHO is opposite of what the GP is possibly after what beerdart has posted?
    Quote Originally Posted by mike1706 View Post
    i think is for the reverse sensor, the sho has a sensor on the reverse braket that you need to put it on the gpr if not you are not going to be able to get rpms check that i think is that plug

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by ksalles View Post
    I have the gray plug off the reverse sensor plugged in. That is the one I'll have to epoxy the magnet to the rear of the sensor in order to get full rpms. This plug is the one off the compass module. Same color, same configuration plug etc as the one off the GP speedo sensor. I was wondering if the speedo sensor wire on the SHO is opposite of what the GP is possibly after what beerdart has posted?
    You right i went to. My jetski and for the reverse is a gray sensor no white you right.

+1
    Just got home and it is what I thought. Speedo sensor plug and the plug off the compass module are identical. If I understood beerdart correctly, these two should connect. Meaning the plug off the speedo sensor needs to be a female. If in fact thats the case, I have the solution. Nothing some solder, shrink wrap and the correct female plug can't fix. I have a bunch of misc plugs laying around from building alot of streetbikes and have a perfect match I can solder in. (second pic) If this is the fix and the solution, this is what I'll do.

Name:	plugs.jpg 
Views:	55 
Size:	48.6 KB 
ID:	259193   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	plug.jpg 
Views:	44 
Size:	53.9 KB 
ID:	259194  

+1
    Is that the GPR sensor? Do you still have the SHO sensor to verify the plug and wire colors.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information