Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Question so i get my bike back

got my jet ski back from the local area "great wrench" out of his own shop. $1000 for a top end rebuild. as most of you know he didnt even put in new needles and seats. so the bike floods out real easy! and bogs down when i hold the throttle steady.

so i have about 1 hour on the new engine, and it is running like sh$t. it sounds like its trying to eat itself to death. the only thing i compare it to would be the rave valves contacting the pistons sides and skirts. this is how bad it sounds. i will post a video tomorrow as a reply to this. i call him and after abouts 2 weeks of "missed" class he finally says it sounds like bad gas, or it's out of oil. well i just put in 1 gallon of quicksilver and added 12 oz to the gas tank as well.

does anyone have any ideas? i'm pulling the carbs to rebuild them with yall's help and previous posts with pictures.

but really any other ideas? thanks look tomorrow for a video of the sound.

ride safe

ed

Are you talking about a jet ski or a bike?

When you add OIL to the gas your leaning out the ski. Anytime a top end is rebuilt you should always find the cause for the failure or you will quickly be in the same situation. Post the video and don't ride it any more until we figure this out!

engine 1 is the knocking video. hard to hear the knocking without headphones. but it is there!

engine 2 is after i added 15 gallons fresh gas, lucas enhancer and stabil with ethanol reducer. maybe in my immagination but it seems to run about %80 smoother.

thanks guys

+1
    take the rave out and look at the sides of the pistons through the slots-- How do the pistons look?

Jim, do i just pop the steel band the unscrew the red part then pull them out? thanks

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by armyof1 View Post
    Jim, do i just pop the steel band the unscrew the red part then pull them out? thanks
    Remove the two allen head bolts on either side, disconnect the black line and pull the complete valve assembly out.

thanks Canuck!

do these look normal after 1 hrs use and 3 weeks on the trailor? and after he said he rebuilt the top end?
    thanks guys

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by armyof1 View Post

do these look normal after 1 hrs use and 3 weeks on the trailor? and after he said he rebuilt the top end?
    thanks guys
    Those are not pistons-- that is refered to as a "rave blade". Now look down the slot that came out of. You are looking at the exhaust side of the piston. Take the PTO cover off and rotate the crank by hand to see both the front and rear pistons. What do the sides of the pistons look like?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information