expecting delivery anyday now of my 2012 300x

hi everyone ive just purchased my first jet ski and am awaiting delivery of my 2012 ultra 300x it is in store and they are just doing the pre-delivery stuff then its mine mine AAALL mine

ive managed to secure a green that seem to be pretty hard to get over here in australia

i can see this being much like my motorcycle obsession (zx10r race superbike) since i have already ordered the R&D performa upgrade kit for the new ski, included bits like ride plate, intake grate, anti-cav cone, speed up module, cool air filter kit and fuel pick up.

is it safe to put the wastegate block off plate on the ski or will it overboost??

one thing im having trouble finding is a genuine weather cover for it ! any suggestions of good online stores would be appreciated, or even any tried and tested mods that i can do to the ski.

also looking for a decent portable fish finder or GPS with mount for it too so i can take it fishing when im not thrashing it up the coast

+1
    Welcome to GH.

ah shit you serious???
    yeah its all paid for .

im in perth mate.
    so what is good then

I would stop and take a breath or two Hammer! Is this your first PWC? In stock form this is essentially a race boat that is being sold to the public. Yes if part of your useage for this boat is to go fishing I think the Ultra will do that quite well. It has probably the biggest bow of any pwc out there . . . you can store lot of fish / fishing gear in that bow!

I would ride the boat first "as is" before you do ANYTHING to the boat. I just don't want to see you waste hard earned money on some items that may not be needed right away, or if at all. The 2012 300 will not be the fastest boat on the water right out of the box, but it has many many fine qualities. I am just curious, what other PWCs did you consider before settling on the 2012 300? JB

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by hammerhead View Post
    ah shit you serious???
    yeah its all paid for .

im in perth mate.
    so what is good then
    Unfortunately he is.
    I completely agree with JB

+1
    your not the only guy to waste your pennies on all the bs after market must have's lol personally i would go the flat filter, adjust the bov instead of the plate, jetskiworld speed box, and read here for all the free mods, the rest are a waste of money ask for a refund

spewing

oh well tis only money we live and learn

to answer a few questions YES is is my first PWC as mentioned in the first post the main reason i chose the kwakka was its the biggest horsepower in the range of kawasaki i kinda stuck with kawasaki because i got a good deal from my local kawasaki dealer since they sponsor my race ZX10r bike.

i had every intention of riding the ski box stock to start with then add some of the gear i have bought to see what changes they have on the ski. (kinda how i developed my race bike) then if i dont like something or dont FEEL the benefit i remove the part and either sell or trash.

i do intend on using it for a bit of fishing and fun im not sure there are any racing events here in west australia so i guess racing is out.

part of learning is failing and i plan on doing lots of both

Quote Originally Posted by hammerhead View Post
    spewing

oh well tis only money we live and learn

to answer a few questions YES is is my first PWC as mentioned in the first post the main reason i chose the kwakka was its the biggest horsepower in the range of kawasaki i kinda stuck with kawasaki because i got a good deal from my local kawasaki dealer since they sponsor my race ZX10r bike.

i had every intention of riding the ski box stock to start with then add some of the gear i have bought to see what changes they have on the ski. (kinda how i developed my race bike) then if i dont like something or dont FEEL the benefit i remove the part and either sell or trash.

i do intend on using it for a bit of fishing and fun im not sure there are any racing events here in west australia so i guess racing is out.

part of learning is failing and i plan on doing lots of both
    Tis true Hammerhead, part of learning is failing! But don't let failing become an excuse for learning. We are here for a good time, not a long time.

I have yet to meet anybody who says the 300 isn't good enough afer thier first ride. It's what the consumer wanted and Kawasaki gave it to them. Enjoy!

5 days till i fly home and pick up the new weapon

already looking for fishing rigs and sounders

Thread Information