stock grate and plate at 80 plus mph

I am getting close to finishing the AEM install on my turbo 300 and wondering if there is anything I should know about the stock grate and ride plate doing 80+ mph. I have read horror storys about FZR & Seepoo... What about the 300? I dont want to loose any ruff water handling or hook up so thats why im trying to stay with the stock ones... If any are better for ocean riding please let me know (tested) not what the manufactors say!

Thanks in advance!

Read my post eh?

Quote Originally Posted by Mtuned View Post
    Read my post eh?
    yes sir!

80+ mph on an Ultra! 500 HP to do that with the Ultra hull? With that many ponies I think a bigger gas tank should be on the "to do" list too.

But back to you. Of all the ride plates I have tried on all the Ultras I have ridden, I feel that the stock plate offers the best overall performance in all conditions. Especially in the ocean, the stock plate is the winner. I do like the R&D grates.

Good luck with your project. If 80+ is really what you want I do hope you achieve it. JB

Banned User
    Quote Originally Posted by john belton View Post
    80+ mph on an Ultra! 500 HP to do that with the Ultra hull? With that many ponies I think a bigger gas tank should be on the "to do" list too.

But back to you. Of all the ride plates I have tried on all the Ultras I have ridden, I feel that the stock plate offers the best overall performance in all conditions. Especially in the ocean, the stock plate is the winner. I do like the R&D grates.

Good luck with your project. If 80+ is really what you want I do hope you achieve it. JB
    am sure he will pass the 80MPH mark on his 300x since he has a standalone and i did 80.5 with just a piggyback so yea bro go do ur home work

Thread Information