+1

Question ? Relative to Cooling Water Outlet(s) on SHO

I have a question regarding the cooling water outlet(s) that are located on the oil cooler assembly. On my SHO conversion, I dedicated the line coming off the transom exclusively for the cooling of the motor and accessories. I ran a seperate line and flush for the intercooler. With that said, the stock SHO oil cooler assembly has two outlets that were routed to two pilot outlets or pissers. The GP hull obviously only came with one outlet on the port side, where the SHO had two. That is what stems my question. Has anyone T'd in the two water outlets off the oil cooler ( the two B's in the pic provided below from a JETWORKS water routing) to the single pilot/pisser out? I was trying to avoid having to run and drill another water outlet if I didn't have to. I wouldn't think it would pose a problem, but wasn't sure how much, if any, it would affect the cooling of the motor and components itself. As seen in the pic below, there are various T's already placed inline etc. so again, I wouldn't think it would cause any problems. I've read where some have slowed the water down to allow for it to cool more efficiently, and if anything, possibly this could function in the same manner if effective. Sorry for the long post, but I figured the best I could try and describe what I was trying to accomplish, the better. It's a situation that if I'm not for certain it would cause any problem, I just assume ask here for any experiences with similar instances. Thanks in advance for any input.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	jetworks_routing.jpg 
Views:	128 
Size:	67.2 KB 
ID:	259225  

+1
    doesn't the gpr have 1 pisser on each side ? ? ? 99% sure thats how i ran mine.... and a seperate one out the back for the intercooler ... up top to watch it ...

+1
    Yes, I was going to run the factory one out the other side on the GP hull for the intercooler. I was trying to simplify things an not have to have another hole drilled in the hull and have additional water lines. If in fact I had to drill another hole, I would probably go the same route you did. I was just trying to avoid having to do so and keep it more stock appearing. Thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by 02gpR View Post
    doesn't the gpr have 1 pisser on each side ? ? ? 99% sure thats how i ran mine.... and a seperate one out the back for the intercooler ... up top to watch it ...

+1
    as a rule of thumb you want to have as large an opening going out as coming in

the SHO / FZR pisser fittings are larger in size than the GPR fittings

on my SHO I added another line coming in to feed the IC and I added 2 more lines coming out (I added 2 out because even one of the larger SHO fittings is smaller than the extra line I added going in)

finally the more water you can flow thru the system the more cooling you will have

+1
    If it were me, I'd just add another bypass. If you're using the stock cooling with a reflash & E1, you DEFINATELY don't want to further restrict flow through the oil cooler.

+1
    Thanks as always guys. I ordered a few bypass fittings and will install at least one for the intercooler and probably utilize the two stock ones located on each side of the GP hull as 02gpR mentioned.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by ksalles View Post
    Thanks as always guys. I ordered a few bypass fittings and will install at least one for the intercooler and probably utilize the two stock ones located on each side of the GP hull as 02gpR mentioned.
    smart move . . .

Thread Information