Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: racing

+1

racing

ok im new to racing in c/c. i have a rxp 04 that im using and want to know the best set ups people have used and come accross.

i had my first race on sunday and got blown away by everyone at the start . my ski cavs bad off the line which i want to stop. im running a b kit and a 15/19r prop 83 nozzel and a r&d auto drop steering nozzel,worx intake grate.

im open to opinions.

thanks

+1
    Not a cc racer but if you want holes shot then you will need a bigger pump 159 mm or more with 16 veins. Another thing that cc racers do is they drop their sponsons a few cm to be able to turn better.

canadian iceman
    +1
    you should be able to get away with next to no cavitation with your setup...check your wear ring in your pump...check impeller blades for burrs... check your carbon ring and make sure it (water) is not getting by it. pull your seat back, back your boat into the water still on the trailer and load the pump while still on the trailer...give it about half throttle while looking at your carbon ring to see if water is getting by...if so that is your cavitation problem...quite sure it will be one of these three things...or you just flat out need a different prop but a 15/19 should be close...cheers CR

+1
    what class in stock right ?
    check ur wear ring and carbon seal and drop ur sponnsons for sure i did a race with them normal went a dropped them came back raced and the ski was so much better in turns on top of the buoys if u can hang on.
    idk what rules u guys have on exhaust but id put a free threw exhaust 5$ for pipe cant go wrong gives nice sound feels more like a race bike

+1
    Ok I guess I wasn't clear on my ski.. I ran open class.. So I'm running riva ecu , xs cooler , worx sponsons , worx intake grate , free flow , 4 inch , etc .

+1
    I found that here in the USA in open class if your not running 80+ with a turbo don't enter, or a SC like a rude 3,
    I run under IJSBA rules here, and I just moved up to limited class with the mods you see in my signature,
    I was competitive in the stock class with just a X charger,42's, riva grate, custom sponsons, and rear air,
    Speed will come with time on the course, I hope with my EX IC and some new stuff I will be competitive in the limited class,
    From the mods you listed you should be able to run limited class and run with more skis with the same power,
    good luck with your racing, hang tough,

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by skigolfnut View Post
    I found that here in the USA in open class if your not running 80+ with a turbo don't enter, or a SC like a rude 3,
    I run under IJSBA rules here, and I just moved up to limited class with the mods you see in my signature,
    I was competitive in the stock class with just a X charger,42's, riva grate, custom sponsons, and rear air,
    Speed will come with time on the course, I hope with my EX IC and some new stuff I will be competitive in the limited class,
    From the mods you listed you should be able to run limited class and run with more skis with the same power,
    good luck with your racing, hang tough,
    dont mean to hack post but u got and rxp not and X ski and ran a X charger in stock?
    i got 04 was gonna drop X charger in cause stock classes u go against RXPX skis wich just has that lil bit more power. didnt know if adding an X charger would bumped me to limited or not ..

+1
    what drive shaft seal are you running , oem or carrier bearing ? you might be sucking in air also if the wear ring is ok. check to see that your all lined up sweet....
    what rpm are you spinning up to atm ?
    skat 15/19 ?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by jaffabas View Post
    what drive shaft seal are you running , oem or carrier bearing ? you might be sucking in air also if the wear ring is ok. check to see that your all lined up sweet....
    what rpm are you spinning up to atm ?
    skat 15/19 ?
    I'm using the oem carbon seal.. I'm sure it's not leaking but I will double check.. The wear ring is fine.. I was spinning the 15/19r at 8450 .
    Here in Sydney the racing isn't that big so there is only stock class and open.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information