+1

which of these ride plates are best for hook up and rough water speed?

ok... another ridplate Q but would like to here more feed back on the TBM and Farthing plate....Riva seems to more for flat water speed as the R&D might be the best of both worlds but the jury seems to still be out on theirs....stocker seems satifactory for many..

Banned User
    depends what you like bro, i actually bought the riva 300x plate and for me it look like it had no angle to raise the bow and gain MPH so i went ahead and modified a 260x plate into the 300x 2+ miles

Banned User
    +1
    You modified that 260x plate to fit for its top speed characteristics which it surely has! He asked about ruff water.....

+1
    To answer your question
    The 300 plate is not the same as the previous ones. Riva and Farthing plates side by side without the name stamp I could not tell which is which. The old Riva was the calm water plate. You were asking for rough water. I personally think stock is just fine for rec riding. The ONLY thing giving any noticably gains is the bypass modules out by the different companies. Personally I would just stay stock. If you are a machinist play with it a little but again no rewards worth actually paying for the work.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by lasportsmn View Post
    To answer your question
    The 300 plate is not the same as the previous ones. Riva and Farthing plates side by side without the name stamp I could not tell which is which. The old Riva was the calm water plate. You were asking for rough water. I personally think stock is just fine for rec riding. The ONLY thing giving any noticably gains is the bypass modules out by the different companies. Personally I would just stay stock. If you are a machinist play with it a little but again no rewards worth actually paying for the work.
    thanks all for the input...definitly going R&D module...might buy R&D plate to make hook up and handling comparisons..Kararot mentioned something I like...bringing the bow up... well this being the first yr the ULTRA has trim I find in the few hrs on this ski I luv riding 1 up even 2 up in light to moderate chop....no porpoising at all... she stays planted and just plows through.. but have done only 3/4 throttle so far...

+1
    I was racing side to side with a 300x delimiter, stock rideplate and intergrate.
    I had delimiter, RD rideplate and intergrate.

we were both WOT for 1 minute in rough choppy condition.
    He had cleary much more hookup and it seems when his ski landed back, I could see him gaining couple feet.

In other hand, I had the feeling the RD plate was pushing the nose down and was faster a bit faster as long I still had the grate sucking water.

stock intergrate, and rd ride plate should be a good combo to try.

Banned User
    +1
    there's some subtle differences between the farthing and riva i have......

Quote Originally Posted by Mike H View Post
    there's some subtle differences between the farthing and riva i have......
    like???

I had the R&D on my 260x and loved it so went ahead and bought it for my 300x. Should be installed this weekend, I hope.

Quote Originally Posted by jwaked View Post
    I had the R&D on my 260x and loved it so went ahead and bought it for my 300x. Should be installed this weekend, I hope.
    Keep us posted on real results!

Thread Information