Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Custom EXH Manifold.

Has anyone done a custom manifold on the s/c setup?

I have the means of creating a seprate tube to merge collector EL manifold thats water jacketed.

But i guess i would need help figuring the length best pipe size ect... Iím hoping gains could be had from a better flowing manifold!

Anyone have any input they can share?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Mtuned View Post
    Has anyone done a custom manifold on the s/c setup?

I have the means of creating a seprate tube to merge collector EL manifold thats water jacketed.

But i guess i would need help figuring the length best pipe size ect... I’m hoping gains could be had from a better flowing manifold!

Anyone have any input they can share?
    JP and I modify the 08 manifold and cut up and reweld the midpipe for a much larger diameter all the way threw. Works great!

Quote Originally Posted by Duke View Post
    JP and I modify the 08 manifold and cut up and reweld the midpipe for a much larger diameter all the way threw. Works great!
    Wondering what we would see with equal length. Flowing to a vband merge collector. With all the extra boost i’m certain the exh is a restriction.

I guess at this point i’m looking ahead at mod’s that are going to give me the extra power. Without going to turbo. I love the s/c. And i know this ski/hull can be fast. It just needs the right parts!

+1
    I considered getting a custom header system made but after the Hydrodrags I reconsidered many things and one of them is sticking with my stock exhaust manifold. That rxt that won was using the stock exhaust manifold and was running close to 40 lbs of boost +nitrous. If it can handle that then it can handle a supercharger no problem. I say spend your money/time on something else like porting the throttlebody etc.

I’m Sure it worked. But was it efficient?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Mtuned View Post
    I’m Sure it worked. But was it efficient?
    Efficient enough to push an rxt over 100 mph! Worked pretty damn good if you ask me. When you build a custom manifold you will have to make sure all the runners are the same length etc and it's very difficult to do and asside from that you never know if it works well or not until you try it.

+1
    Made an equal length water jacketed header for Howard's ski (rab1) but its out of the price range for most.

Was just saying there is power left on the table with the 08 exhaust system. Lots of cutting, welding and reshaping though.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Duke View Post
    Made an equal length water jacketed header for Howard's ski (rab1) but its out of the price range for most.

Was just saying there is power left on the table with the 08 exhaust system. Lots of cutting, welding and reshaping though.
    If he still has the j-pipe then going to the 08+ setup should definitely make him some power.

Quote Originally Posted by ImAShark View Post
    Efficient enough to push an rxt over 100 mph! Worked pretty damn good if you ask me. When you build a custom manifold you will have to make sure all the runners are the same length etc and it's very difficult to do and asside from that you never know if it works well or not until you try it.

Yes but what were his egts? What kind of power would it pick up with a better manifold. I’ve ran 30 psi on a stock plastic intake manifold (car) But when i switched to a better manifold it was good for almost 60whp.

His ski was fast, NO DOUBT.. Could it be faster? I’m sure!

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by ImAShark View Post
    If he still has the j-pipe then going to the 08+ setup should definitely make him some power.
    Agree!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information