+1

07 FX Cruiser HO... Yay or Nay?

Have a chance to pick up a FX Cruiser HO. I don't want the fastest ski on the water, just something to ride without worries. Looking at around 5.5k with a trailer with about 29 hours on it. Good deal? New to 4 strokes and buddy has an 06 with no issues so far. Also found a 08 FX SHO for 6.8k. Are the SHO engines dependable enough with the superchargers? Any help would be great.

RETIRED !! In Mobile AL or Wherever I Want To Go
    +1
    I love my FXHO. Very dependable ski and great gas mileage. For 5.5k and low hours it is a good deal if it is mechanically sound and not been abused/trashed. I looked at a few before I bought mine, all with low hours but some were really trashed out. Do the usual compression check, and good look over if you do not know the present owner.

+1
    I have both a 2007 FXHO and a SHO engine in my FZR. The FXHO is very reliable, no issues at all besides the recall (or whatever you want to call it) that yamaha did on the cooling lines. The SHO is also a very reliable engine and I haven't had any issue on mine with the mods in my signature.

If the difference in price is negligible, then it is up to you on which to buy. I would opt for the SHO, but that's just me.

+1
    Thanks. The ski looks good, but at my expense will take to a dealer to look over. Leaning to the FXHO as I want a dependable ski that will last. Any issues with the superchargers on the SHO?

+1
    07 FX HO Cruiser at 5.5K with 29 hours if in good shape is a steal man! Get it checked out and buy it ASAP!
    If you want reliability, gas economy and don't care for the fastest ski as you are saying then the FX HO.

I would buy the SHO myself to have a second ski next to my FX HO Cruiser. How many hours on the SHO? If as low as the other one, that one is a better deal! Where are you located?

Thread Information