Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    +1

MTX-L error code.

Hey everyone. Ive been trying to hook up my new MTX-L wide and for sometime now with no head way. It's a simple procedure to hook up and I hooked up all the wires correctly. Red to 12v switched source, black and white to ground. I first start the ski with the sensor disconnected and everything seems fine and it reads the normal error code E2 which indicates no sensor. Then I switch of the power and restart the ski with the sensor hooked up in free in air. It goes through the normal htr the cal mode but after when it's supposed to read 22.4 because it's in free air it reads E8 instead. I checked online on some forums and I saw that E8 means low voltage. But no matter how long I run my ski it still always reads E8, except for this one time when it actually did read 22.4 but then read E8 after. Any help is greatly appreciated because I went through the setup about 100 times literally and no luck.

+1
    Take a test meter and see just what voltage your battery has in it first It should be 12.2-12.6 volts just sitting there w/o the ski running. If everything is ok then run a couple of wires directly from your a/f gauge hot and ground circuts to the battery just to test and see if the gauge works ok .

AWA MEMBER
    +1
    Check your grounds as well should be grounded to engine not battery

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by 2fast4u View Post
    Take a test meter and see just what voltage your battery has in it first It should be 12.2-12.6 volts just sitting there w/o the ski running. If everything is ok then run a couple of wires directly from your a/f gauge hot and ground circuts to the battery just to test and see if the gauge works ok .
    So run the power source for my gauge to the red terminal of my battery ?

Quote Originally Posted by RickWhite View Post
    Check your grounds as well should be grounded to engine not battery
    Yes my grounds are on the engine and not to the battery.

AWA MEMBER
    +1
    Yes straight to battery.....if meter works ok then your power source is not good, Im hooking mine up to power supply from the bilge pump, I dont have the pump hooked up to that circuit anymore, and it dosen't drop voltage when cranking

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by 2fast4u View Post
    +1...That gauge is gonna draw a lot more amps than a boost gauge for example, because it is heating the sensor. I had a similar problem running my LM-2 directly off the battery after the ski hadn't been run for awhile. It was fine until I hit WOT, & then the LM-2 would shut off & restart. I swapped to a new sensor & the problem didn't go away. I had an idea the battery voltage was low & put it on a charger overnight & that did the trick.

+1
    BTW what gauge wire are you'll using to hook up your gauges ?

Had exactly the same problem. Charged the battery and worked for about 2 minutes and then went back to error code.
    Put a new battery in and has worked fine ever since.

+1
    On the LC-1 there are two grounds coming from the controller, and it specifically says to ground them an seperate locations. Make sure there is nothing like that on the MTX, but most likely it is the battery as others have said.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Waterholics View Post
    BTW what gauge wire are you'll using to hook up your gauges ?
    I'm going to be hooking up my power source directly to my battery because as suggested above my power source may be week. The power source I am using is from the Vi-PEC ecu. It has a special jack for a wideband sensor with a 12v switched power source and an analog in for data logging. So maybe this could be the reason. Also before hooking it up I'm going to run the ski on the hose to see if I could build up some voltage.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information