Hello! New proud Sea-Doo owner!

Hey All,

My 1st PWC is a 2005 GTX Limited. This model has the standard Rotax engine, SCIC with 215 HP. Got it at a good price and it has 62 hours. Been riding for a couple of years on my sons old Kawa 2 stroke (Good lord that thing is a blast with all of the aftermarket parts on it) , and a few other friends ski's but finally bit the bullet and bought one for myself.

We will be primarily be towing it out to our favorite spot with the boat (Yeah - I know to clamp the line - did my research as much as possible).

I have already planned on getting the SC rebuilt before it hits 100 hours, and have the cash stashed already for that work.

My real questions are these - I have been lurking this forum for a while now as well as others, and I see very little on this particular PWC. Is there anything else I should plan on having serviced? Anything else in particular that I need to worry about with this boat? For a GTX Limited there are almost no forum posts, no videos, and very little available reviews - do any of you own one of these - and do you generally like it? This PWC sold for a bit over 14K new - so I am worried to see that there is so little information on it is all.

Appreciate any insight that any of you can offer! Attached are a few Pics of the PWC.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2011-11-19_09-56-46_753.jpg 
Views:	45 
Size:	94.6 KB 
ID:	259430   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2011-11-19_09-57-34_455.jpg 
Views:	42 
Size:	93.2 KB 
ID:	259431   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2011-11-19_09-56-14_946.jpg 
Views:	39 
Size:	86.6 KB 
ID:	259432   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2011-11-19_09-57-09_938.jpg 
Views:	43 
Size:	101.4 KB 
ID:	259433   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2011-11-19_09-57-16_689.jpg 
Views:	44 
Size:	110.2 KB 
ID:	259434   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2011-11-19_09-56-28_448.jpg 
Size:	82.5 KB 
ID:	259435  

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2011-11-19_09-56-39_895.jpg 
Views:	40 
Size:	91.5 KB 
ID:	259436   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2011-11-19_09-56-54_816.jpg 
Size:	81.0 KB 
ID:	259437  

+1
    Welcome to the forum and congrats on your purchase. There is alot of info here for that ski. Rxt is the same boat and lots of info here for those. Mt main concern for that ski would be replacing the exhaust valves and as you mentioned taking care of the sc. I would not freak out about the valves but should be on your list. Althpugh the 04-06's had some issues with the exhaust valves breaking I also know of several still running with several hundred hrs without issue.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by speedskixp View Post
    Welcome to the forum and congrats on your purchase. There is alot of info here for that ski. Rxt is the same boat and lots of info here for those. Mt main concern for that ski would be replacing the exhaust valves and as you mentioned taking care of the sc. I would not freak out about the valves but should be on your list. Althpugh the 04-06's had some issues with the exhaust valves breaking I also know of several still running with several hundred hrs without issue.
    +1....
    Welcome to GH...Hope you enjoy your stay here...as far as things to look for on this boat???Being it indeed is Supercharged, and is an 05, I would pull the Scer and have it checked to see if it has had the clutch washers changed out yet...IF not then i would have that done now instead of at 100 hours seeing the ceramic clutches can and do let go at any time...

I absolutely agree 100%. The SC maintenance will be done in spring regardless of the paperwork. It was done at 58 hours, but there is no mention of the parts replaced. As far as I can discern the maintenance was just a Sea-Doo "standard kit", and was done in 09. I know it is only 4 hours on it, but I want to make good and damn sure it runs, and is reliable as we are using the craft in the Upper Niagara River in Niagara Falls, NY. If it dies - it is essentially a 20 minute ride through rapids, rocks, and fast water before you go over the Falls. Money is not an issue here as far as maintenance goes - I would prefer safety.

The Valves I have not heard before - is there a preferred method to check that they are seated and aligned correctly or is it just a good practice to have them re-done?

I should note that I was lucky enough to get to meet the couple who owned the pair (of which I bought one). They are in their upper years and used the PWC's very little, and they were the only riders on them except for when the Gentleman took out his Grand Daughter for a ride. I honestly doubt that there is any physical damage, and I doubt even more that they were ridden hard, but to err on the side of safety I want to be sure that we have this PWC in tip top shape. Also to note - I am in my 40's and do not intend to be spinning 360's at 50 mph either! I am essentially looking forward to some nice cruises in the river as well as the Upstate New York Canal system.

Oh - and Thanks for the welcome - I appreciate it!
    Last edited by Devildog9999; 11-27-2011 at 06:19 PM. Reason: spelling

Just got done looking on YouTube and there is almost as little on the RXT as the GTX. It is all mainly the RXP. Anyone have any good links that the search engine may have missed? I will have made my 8th payment on my PWC before I get to actually use it - so I am looking for some filler material.

+1
    If supercharger maintenance was done only 4 hours ago, I'd check to see if the washers have been changed to metal ones, if so, leave it be for the time being and ride

Use the search function on this site and you will find plenty of info on the 3 seaters, many people here are running them. At the end of the day though, they rxp's and rxt's/gtx's are all very similar. Just the rxp has one less seat.

Congrats on the new ski

+1
    Welcome to the Hulk. What the guys where talking about the valves is that on all 04-05 and some 06's like mine had "bad" exhaust valves that where known to drop and cause alot of damage. So I recommend replacing them with stock OEM 08+ valves.

I would also do a complete rebuild on your supercharger and check out the oil pumps to make sure the reason it was sold wasn't that it lost the washers because if it did then you will have some work cut out for ya.

And you won't find much information on GTX's because those where the expensive models back in the day and most bought an RXP but as you read the site you will notice that the motors are the same minus minor changes here and there but the more you read the site the more you will get a general idea of your ski.

The best thing about this site is that there are many knowledgeable members and moderators and will answer all your questions and lend a giving hand if possible.

Thread Information