Thread: L-key questions

L-key questions

Well riding my rxp this weekend notice the L-Key dont work well, the machine missfire and do not rev up, was like having all sparks out at once. Change the key and everything was running perfectly.

Any ideas, sugestions. I kept using the machine all day with the high-key without issues.

Also @ high speed 63+ notice the rxp having problems hooking up, the water was calm so no excuses, i have stock intake grate, do i need an aftermarket?

+1
    If by L-Key you're reffering to the learners key then that is totally normal. It's a learners key because it keeps the ski form going fast, i cant remember the exact RPMS but the symptoms you are describing are exactly what a learners key is supposed to do.

the coming unhooked issue i may try some OPAS block off's

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by oct6454 View Post
    If by L-Key you're reffering to the learners key then that is totally normal. It's a learners key because it keeps the ski form going fast, i cant remember the exact RPMS but the symptoms you are describing are exactly what a learners key is supposed to do.

the coming unhooked issue i may try some OPAS block off's
    +1. The learners key is chit. I had mine reprogrammed to be a normal key. I never once used the learner key except to see what it does..

The thing is I tryed both keys the first time I used the machine, And Altough the L-key was limiting my top speed to 45-50 Miles Per Hour and very low response the sky never appear as it was missfiring or having mechanical problems. Using the L-Key this weekend wasa totally different experience, it didn't want to pass 3k rpms, and was almost not runnning at all. The only thing I did to the Ski was replacing the Spark Plugs.

I will give it a try again next time to have a complete picture, then I might have it re-Program as a Normal Key or store it as a replacement key just in case.

OPAS Block Off??, Will try researching their use, Thanks!

+1
    Yes, when you're on the limiter of the learners key thats exactly how it sounds. If i remember right it limited it to 35 or 40MPH. Anyways the OPAS here is the link. http://www.4-tecperformance.com/inde...products_id=16. So what they do is they are a replacement for those fins on the back to corners of you ski. At speed these help cure porpoising, i cant guarantee these will fix it but they most often do the trick. You can look for some in the clissifieds section for a little less money and i believe fizzle(a member) is making some now too.

Oct6454, Thanks for the Info, Seems to me I was porpoising, will try to fix it next time distributing my weight or changing the trim position, I believe I was riding at 2 bars over neutral trim position, will try only one bar and full up to see if I notice a difference.

I'm still learning to ride. But The Block Off are next in my list along a Riva Intake Grate.

Thanks,

You can get the ECU reprogrammed to use the Learners key like a standard key. Don't think it costs nmuch, but its cheaper than an extra key!

+1
    Yepp not a problem! Yeah my ski does that also i have to really focus on not making it porpoise.

Safe riding: Oliver

If i knew,...I wouldn't ask sea-one's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by monaroman76 View Post
    +1. The learners key is chit. I had mine reprogrammed to be a normal key. I never once used the learner key except to see what it does..
    +1

Thread Information