EZ Dock of Long Island Shibby1485's Avatar
    +1

RXP Seat Cowling... modify for RXT/GTX

I can imagine it's defintiely not a direct fit, and I do not have both the RXP seat stuff and GTX seat stuff with me as we speak so i can't visualize the fabrication that would be required..

But i would personally like to be able to have the seat cowling from the RXP and have it be able to stay intact on my rear seat of my RXT..... anyone done it? anyone seen it done? anything have both to see if it's possible? ....

i know most of the RXP guys hate it bc it got in the way and stuff, but on the 3-seater there's sooooo much room when riding solo

any thoughts as i'm really looking into doing this. Thanks.

Better yet would be to modify the year seat for ventilation and just take the seat off and put some sort of molded cover with outwear breathable/water proof cloth on the top.

You could probably get the latch at the riva parts store and connect that to the molding. It would be easy to make something slide under the front seat to grip that.

I have thought about this as well....

Nonstop, all day, everyday. 01xdime's Avatar
    Same here sometimes when it's smooth and glassy i ride with the back "3rd person" seat off all together.

EZ Dock of Long Island Shibby1485's Avatar
    +1
    where do you put the seat in the meantime!?! does that rear 3rd person seat fit in the front storage? or you leave it on land somewhere?

does it give you some extra mph's?

i tell ya one thing that gives me an honest 1mph legit on GPS is superman style across the seats on my RXT.... if i jsut sit there upright or tucked i record my speed.... then continue in the same direction and go superman and it's guaranteed to always be an honest GPS gain of .7-1mph ... that and the faces observers have when they see a crotch rocket blowin past them with some kid in superman style across the seats.... funny stuff

Santa Monika, People's Republik of Kalifornia...
    +1
    Most RXP owners hate it because it's in the way but it's also VERY dorky looking.

Just get a nice Seat cover

www.jettrim.com
    www.hydroturf.com

Looks much better than a stinky cowling.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	sew88_360.jpg 
Views:	69 
Size:	18.0 KB 
ID:	875  

Nonstop, all day, everyday. 01xdime's Avatar
    I just leave my back seat on the dock. I don't run around often with it off. I dunno if it gives me any gains but it sure does sound cool.

I have a switch on my RXT that goes to my atwood 4" blower that is hooked to 3 tubes that exit the hull. On hot days I have seen .4 to .6mph increase when I just flip the switch. If I turn it back off my speed decreases.
    I'm going to add another 4" blower to the ram air pipe I have connected into the front of the hull.

http://forums.greenhulk.net/viewtopi...8821ef2721f1d2

I think RXT owners could benefit from a vented 3rd seat and I have heard of someone making one for offshore gtx racing.
    All you would have to do is order the seat or the seat connector. Then remove the cover drill holes in the plastic and use outwear pre-filter on it so water can't get in but air could breath. If you wanted it to look even better you could put some sort of scoop/spoiler device on it.
    http://216.37.204.203/Seadoo_OEM/Sea...=13&A=140&B=23

Thread Information