Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    +1

do you know where these wires are ment to go in my 2000 virage 700 elec box

i need to know where these wire go (i dont want to stuff anything up)

please help.

here is a pic with arrows/numbers

Banned User
    +1
    Usually they are like color to like color. I would guess 4a and 5 go together. Thats your kill switch. 1b and 6 should go together. Thats the AC from the stator (also controls tach on display).

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by BryanP View Post
    Usually they are like color to like color. I would guess 4a and 5 go together. Thats your kill switch. 1b and 6 should go together. Thats the AC from the stator (also controls tach on display).
    thats a start, i did do that, and yes, it powered up the NGI, but nothing when i tapped the start button.

i think i need to know where the black/white wire (2) goes to, think it may be the starter solinoid?

Banned User
    +1
    The Black/white wire is the security feature of the MFI. When the MFI is unlocked it grounds the start solenoid. Thats why you get nothing right now when you hit the start button. It should connect to the start solenoid somehow.

+1
    this all makes sence. the NGI is unlocked. perhaps that blk/w wire just needs earthing?

Banned User
    +1
    The black/white needs to be connected to the solenoid. It provides the ground for the solenoid. I think its actually a purple/white wire.

+1
    the solinoid is connected up, on the 2000 virage the solinoid is remote, and located near the black elec box, but not in it.

i have the purple/white wire loose in the black elec box. i think i need to find where that, and the black/white wires go.

the solinoid is wired in to the main harness (cant be sure, but the colour of wires mite be black/white and yellow.

thanks for your input.

Banned User
    +1
    If that purple/white wire goes to the MFI harness it needs to connect to the solenoid. It provides the ground path through the MFI for the start solenoid. Without that wire connected properly you won't be able to crank the engine.

+1
    If thats all the mfi does is ground the solenoid to allow cranking as an anti theft, then grounding the solenoid to earth should work for cranking. I doesn't necessarily mean it will fire off, but you should be able to crank it.. I don't have a wiring diagram handy. does the solenoid have 2 small wires?. If so then verify that one of them gets 12 volts when you hit the start button. If that works OK, then ground the other wire and you should be able to crank it over.

If you have 12 volts to either of the 2 wires when you aren't pushing the start button, then you cant just ground the solenoid, or it will be cranking all the time.

Banned User
    +1
    Connecting the solenoid directly to ground would disable the anti theft function.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information