Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Frankenstein Hull Discussion/Ideas - Bonding Different Make/Model Top & Bottom Decks

This is something that I have really been interested in doing for some time now, especially after seeing Hydrojunkie's RX/GPR. And since I have a handful of various stripped hulls, I thought it would be a fun project to try. I see this done in some of the fastest GP Class Race boats out there. The Kawi bottom seems to be a very popular bottom deck, as I have seen many RXP/Kawi Race boats out there. I'm assuming this is because of the deep V chop, slicing design of the Kawi bottom. But anyway, I have never really seen any open discussion on the subject of Bonding the Top deck of one hull to the Bottom deck of another type and thought there might be some good info out there on what people think could be a kickass hybrid!

I personally have only been in this hobby for 4-5 years, and there are a TON of hulls out there that I know nothing about the handling characteristics, top speed potential, etc... of and thought there would probably be some old timers (relatively speaking) that might have some good input on this.

The end goal in my mind is a hull that has good top speed potential (GPR), handles chop well(Kawi's), but has good low speed stability and is comfortable (RXP). don't get me wrong, obviously a lot of design and R&D goes into the hull design of every production watercraft, and it would be much easier to end up with a turd, than a best of both worlds combo, but I think there could be the possibility of some killer combos out there! And at the very least should make for an interesting discussion!

The format I have been using is (top deck)/(bottom deck) I.E. Hydrojunkie's RX/GPR, or Zapata's RXP/STXR

So if anyone out there has any experience, or feedback from making, or riding a hybrid like this, lets hear about it!! Or got a good idea? Lets discuss it and take some measurements!

I LOVED Hydrojunkie's RX/GPR but he sold it pretty quick, and I never heard much about it? Anyone know what the deal was with it? Did the RX top deck move you too high up on the GPR bottom making it even more tipsy than a GPR already is? Isnt there also a neon green turbo RXP/Kawi out there that does 90+ mph? Anyone know what the bottom deck is on that thing?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by boostaholic View Post
    This is something that I have really been interested in doing for some time now, especially after seeing Hydrojunkie's RX/GPR. And since I have a handful of various stripped hulls, I thought it would be a fun project to try. I see this done in some of the fastest GP Class Race boats out there. The Kawi bottom seems to be a very popular bottom deck, as I have seen many RXP/Kawi Race boats out there. I'm assuming this is because of the deep V chop, slicing design of the Kawi bottom. But anyway, I have never really seen any open discussion on the subject of Bonding the Top deck of one hull to the Bottom deck of another type and thought there might be some good info out there on what people think could be a kickass hybrid!

I personally have only been in this hobby for 4-5 years, and there are a TON of hulls out there that I know nothing about the handling characteristics, top speed potential, etc... of and thought there would probably be some old timers (relatively speaking) that might have some good input on this.

The end goal in my mind is a hull that has good top speed potential (GPR), handles chop well(Kawi's), but has good low speed stability and is comfortable (RXP). don't get me wrong, obviously a lot of design and R&D goes into the hull design of every production watercraft, and it would be much easier to end up with a turd, than a best of both worlds combo, but I think there could be the possibility of some killer combos out there! And at the very least should make for an interesting discussion!

The format I have been using is (top deck)/(bottom deck) I.E. Hydrojunkie's RX/GPR, or Zapata's RXP/STXR

So if anyone out there has any experience, or feedback from making, or riding a hybrid like this, lets hear about it!! Or got a good idea? Lets discuss it and take some measurements!
    Sounds like you just need an S3 hull.

GPR fastest
    15F quickest plaining and good rough water
    RXP is just fun in flat water turns etc.

Thats my 2 cents

+1
    I LOVED Hydrojunkie's RX/GPR but he sold it pretty quick, and I never heard much about it? Anyone know what the deal was with it? Did the RX top deck move you too high up on the GPR bottom making it even more tipsy than a GPR already is? Isnt there also a neon green turbo RXP/Kawi out there that does 90+ mph? Anyone know what the bottom deck is on that thing?
    I have no brand loyalty and would have just stuck the motor in a 15F or GPR. Don't really understand all that work just to make it look like something its not.

Quote Originally Posted by Duke View Post
    Sounds like you just need an S3 hull.
    Haha, may be! I was all about a 11 GTI build, but Hydrojunkie sank that idea. I was under the impression the S3 RXT's weren't exactly that fast on the top end, but maybe I just haven't really seen one that has a lot of power.

+1
    Jetmate/GPR.. Vroom..

Quote Originally Posted by Duke View Post
    I have no brand loyalty and would have just stuck the motor in a 15F or GPR. Don't really understand all that work just to make it look like something its not.
    I know nothing about the 15f hull, but Honestly... (Preparing to be crucified) I don't really like my GPRXP, sure it's fast... VERY fast... But its super tipsy, sits way too low in the water, has no reverse, and is virtually impossible to ride with a girl on the back. I'm just thinking there has to be something that is as fast, but more stable and with more "amenities" Maybe I shoudl just buy an 11 RXTX and be done with it haha.

+1
    I know nothing about the 15f hull, but Honestly... (Preparing to be crucified) I don't really like my GPRXP, sure it's fast... VERY fast... But its super tipsy, sits way too low in the water, has no reverse, and is virtually impossible to ride with a girl on the back. I'm just thinking there has to be something that is as fast, but more stable and with more "amenities" Maybe I shoudl just buy an 11 RXTX and be done with it haha.
    I'd go S3 hull or 15F with a diff powerplant if you ever plan on riding 2 up.

+1
    Polaris MSX. rides nice with a 4-Tec.

+1
    When I get around to it I was going to try out a Stx/Rxp but after seeing the monster rxt at the drags it seems that sometimes the hull is not what matters, it's how much nitrous and boost you are running and how well it's tuned.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information