mods to my 05 RXP

So i just ordered the solas 14/19R impeller, through hull exhuast, opas block offs, riva intake grate, power filter intake, and riva blow off valve for my 05 RXP. Is this a good set up and what type of gains can I expect? Also the carbon seal broke last season and i got eater into the cylinders and sent a rod through the side of the block so i had a new motor built with larger intake valves and stornger exhuast valves as well. The guy who built it has done alot of marine engine work around here both stock and performance and i told him to beef the motor up a bit when he built it.

You should pick up a :

R&D Girdle http://www.4-tecperformance.com/inde...roducts_id=644
    Speedfreaks shoe protector http://www.4-tecperformance.com/inde...oducts_id=1036

Also how many hours on the s/c? What clutches does it have?

It has been upgraded to the new steel washers in the supercharger shortly after the ski was bought then the charger was rebuilt when the engine went. The ski has 130 hours on it but the engine has about 20 on it.

+1
    I wouldnt run the BOV. Do a search on them and you'll find out why. I dont want to start a big debate but i wouldnt run the BOV.

So MSRXP your saying I will gain about 9.4mph? If thats true that will be awsome. Also should i fill my ride plate holes? Also what is your opinon on a BOV? I mean i have built motors for stright line cars before running turbos and supers. I always put bov's on the to prevent back surge when a rapid close of the throttle. Also they sound nice to? Also is there any other cheap or free mods i should do?

Anyone else have an opinon of BOV's and what my gains will be? Also any other free mods i should do besides filling ride plate holes?

Clean and true up all the caulked seams throughout your pump tunnel....same concept as port-matching cylinder heads to intake manifolds. Anything to Keep water the water velocity high and as bubble/disturbance free as possible. There's a lot going on down there at 70+ mph

Sand the bottom of the hull with 180ish grit in straight strokes from front to back to break up the surface tension of a smooth surface mating with the water.

I think I'm gonna also get my pump polished to remove the rough aluminum casting.

Also, grind down the front and rear edges of your intake grate's scoop. Just sharpen up the very edges so that theres no more blunt edges pushing against the water. Rear edge too so that the water can "smoothly" exit off the scoop as it travels into the pump tunnel.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by ndarimont View Post
    Anyone else have an opinon of BOV's and what my gains will be? Also any other free mods i should do besides filling ride plate holes?
    I wouldn't run a BOV with the supercharger in my opnion it leads to boost leaks most of the time.

free reverse bucket mod. search it up

Thread Information