Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Winterizing

Winterizing

So my 300x is my first ski and i was wondering what all i had to do to it before i put it away for the winter

This is one of the better accounts that I have seen. He is referencing a Yamaha here. But it would still apply to your boat too.

http://www.pwctoday.com/f125/tips-th...ha-249071.html

wash
    wax
    Run fuel as low as possible, down to the beeper usually ~6 gallons
    Add fuel stabalizer to remaining fuel, either sta-bil blue or star-tron
    Run on hose to get engine / oil, warm, and get fuel stabalizer through the fuel system
    change oil / filter
    run on hose to distribute fresh / clean oil
    blow out water box
    run 1.5 gallons of pink rv anti-freeze through flush port, ( short length of garden hose and a large funnel work great )
    blow out water box
    blow out water box
    blow out water box
    fog super charger / engine
    pull plugs spray fogging oil in cylinders
    blow out bilge lines with compressed air
    spray down entire engine with fluid film / other corrosion spray, ( do not spray on SC belt )
    spray pump, pivot points, hood latch, hinge, corrosion spray
    remove battery
    prop up seats, hood.
    insert stainless steel pot scrubber into exhaust outlet
    cover
    cover with tarp
    grease the wheel bearings if on a trailer

+1
    curious...read this in the manual also....why change the oil and oil filter before going into storage (4 months)... thought to change the oil before start of riding season..would think to run her on the trailer for 10 mins to warm up then turn her off..... and then would be easier to pump out oil..

You always change the oil at the end of the season. You want to get all the contaminants from combustion, any blow-by, and whatever else out of the crankcase and a nice coating of fresh oil on everything to protect bearings and surfaces from these corrosives. In the spring all you have to do is remove pot scrubber, fill her with 15 gallons of fresh 93 octane and go ride.

Quote Originally Posted by jetdave56 View Post
    would think to run her on the trailer for 10 mins to warm up then turn her off..... and then would be easier to pump out oil..

I didn't put this in because I assumed it would be obvious you have to run the ski on the hose to get the oil warm before changing. I guess its not, so its been added.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris288 View Post
    You always change the oil at the end of the season. You want to get all the contaminants from combustion, any blow-by, and whatever else out of the crankcase and a nice coating of fresh oil on everything to protect bearings and surfaces from these corrosives.
    thanks...thought to do it..figured to get out the contaminants...but only have 5 hrs on her...going forward will change every 15 hrs and definitly at the end of season....

+1
    Weddle....Im not sure where you live but its a lot easier just to keep riding/training for the Mark Hahn 300 in February out at Lake Havasu.

I live in Frederick Maryland...it's about 40 degrees here haha, I wish I could ride all the time. But that is that?

Also, could you tell me some of the products you used to do this? Like what kinda stuff you use to fog the supercharger and the type of oil to put it in and stuff like that ? Thanks alot

+1
    I dumped some used antifreeze in my ski's before I fogged them. Did it in the yard, big mistake. Killed all the grass.........lol

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information