Still getting water out of exhaust 2 months after being out of lake.

Hi all, with winter quickly approaching I am a little leary about my msx 150 winterization.... I have read a ton of info on the winterization process and no where does it say to add any antifreeze to the waterbox... My problem is; when I start the 150 I am consistantly getting water shooting out of the exhaust.. not a steady amount of water but, enough to think that I have water still in the water box... I have blown this ski out numerous times and everytime it blows out water.... it hasn't been in the lake since october.... any ideas on this or am I over reacting... it will be stored in a large barn for the winter with the cover on.... but, I'm not trying to take any chances of water freezing inside the water box.. this is my first winter winterizing... any knowledge on this is appreciated, I live in Ohio.

Every adventure comes to an end........ Not Today! wreckingball's Avatar
    +1
    When you say
    Quote Originally Posted by gdavis View Post
    I have blown this ski out numerous times and everytime it blows out water....
    do you mean that you used air? If so, you will be fine.. If you have only a little bit of water in the waterbox, it will not hurt anything. It will freeze, but when the ice expands, it won't break anything. what you really want to be concerned with is allowing water to stay in the motors block, or leaving a full waterbox. If you can put a little anti-freeze through the motor, it will end up in the waterbox. by putting the anti-freeze through the motor, you are just making sure that if any pockets are trapped, that they won't freeze and crack open you motor. Same thing with the exhaust. By starting the ski, it only uses the exhaust pressure to blow out the waterbox, it does not move water through the motor.

So, how and where do I put antifreeze into the motor... I am just talking about starting it and running it blipping the throttle a couple of times.... I have access to a large air compresser, but not sure what to really blow out... I'm not getting a lot of water out of it but enough to think their is water in the waterbox and it is intercooled i believe( antifreeze runs through the motor automatically), but not the water box and not the exhaust manifold..... just not sure of what to do....

+1
    If your ski uses external water for the cooling, you should have a point on your ski where you connect a flush hose to. If you have a salt-away kit, you just put concintrate anti-freeze in the bottle and run the water hose just until you see the bottle empty or coolant come out the exhaust. Tilt the front of your trailer as high as you can get it and keep it there. Start your motor and blip the throttle a few times to empty out the water box. If you still want to get it even dryer, use the air hose to blow into your flush hose and then do the same start and blip again. Maybe put a little bit of engine fogger into the intake manifold also while you run it for a few seconds. That will keep from getting any internal corrosion from any moisture that can happen in the motor.

Cool, thanks for the help!

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by gdavis View Post
    Cool, thanks for the help!
    also to help get the water out of exhaust box lift the front of the trailer up as high as you can just after you start it up. this will help the water get blown out of the tail pipe.

+1
    this can also apply even thought it was written by a GPR owner:
    http://www.greenhulk.net/forums/showthread.php?t=167928

Thread Information