Bombardier Lube and Storage Lube

Hi,

This may sound a bit silly but I want to ask just to be sure.

I just bought a can of Bombardier Lube and the bottle I got looks like its been in the shop for ages as I can see the bottle is rusty. I bought it anyways as I needed one and that's all they have. I went to use it today and the lube that came out was dark grey in color. Is this normal? What came out of my last bottle was white in color. I'm wondering if the bottle is so old that it's starting to corrode on the inside and that's what's making the lube come out grey.

I also bought a bottle of Bombardier Storage Lube and I'm suppose to fog the engine with this and spray it in through where the spark plugs are. Is this lube any good and do you all here recommend to use it?

My ski has the 155hp 4 Tec engine.

Thanks for your input.

OK, what's the difference between the Bombardier Lube and XP-S lube?? I'm starting to think I bought the wrong lube.

the storage lube is thick and used for engine internals( remove injectors, spray into each cavity, crank engine with throttle fully depressed and re-lube, usually 4 times).

lube oil is usually for just coating the metal in the engine compartment so moisture stays off of the metal so it won't rust.

also, i believe that it's all been renamed to BRP XP-S, whether it's lube , fogging oil, motor oil, pump oil,etc.

Thanks for the reply Jersey. Is the Bombardier lube suppose to be grey in color when it comes out though?

Quote Originally Posted by HKT Boy View Post
    Thanks for the reply Jersey. Is the Bombardier lube suppose to be grey in color when it comes out though?
    that I can't answer since I haven't used it since 1998

No problem jersey.

May I know what kind of lube are you using then? From what I understand, I can't use WD40 or Sonax as these will dry up rubber parts like hoses etc. Which is why it's recommended to use the Bombardier lube. What's in WD40 and other lube that isn't in the Bombardier one that dries up the rubber parts?

WD-40 is petroleum based which can have an effect on hoses and wiring insulation and on plastics, but will be fine as long as you just get it on the metal parts. I use a silicon based lube on my engine areas and mercury fogging oil for the internals. but I have used WD-40 to coat the engine compartment before but that was only because I ran out of the silicon stuff.

A smart admits!A wicked excuses!An idiot insists! mitsakosgt's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by jersey785 View Post
    WD-40 is petroleum based which can have an effect on hoses and wiring insulation and on plastics, but will be fine as long as you just get it on the metal parts. I use a silicon based lube on my engine areas and mercury fogging oil for the internals. but I have used WD-40 to coat the engine compartment before but that was only because I ran out of the silicon stuff.
    +1 Use a silicon based lube to protect the engine parts.Thats what I use and as you can see on my project thread there is no salt or rust on my engine!
    For storage oil I use a quicksilver storage seal,it is good and does not smell like crap!
    http://www.eveshammarina.com/shop/vc...cat=7485004425

Thanks for the reply guys.

Well, the can of Bombardier lube is definitely no good as I sprayed some onto a sheet of napkin and there were little grey particles in the lube. The can is definitely too old so I returned the bottle. The can of storage lube looked OK so I'll be using that for the internal of the engine.

Thanks for the help again.

Thread Information