Possible Buy, Need sugestions with RIVA ECU and 50lb Inj on Machine

Well, a friend is looking for a new Machine and he is leaning towards the RXT-X now that I own an RXP.

We are Newbies in this field so here it is: There are two possible machines. One Completely Stock(RXT-X) and one with Riva ECU, 50lb injectors Exhaust, Air Intake, Intake Grate and BOV. Both Low hours (65)

Question: What should I be looking for the modified one? Is RIVA ECU a plug and Play, I should notice a big difference in power compare to my rxp but what should I be aware with this mods. Is the mods mention reliable for the long run? Specially the RIVA ECU.

There are not that many SeaDoo Mechanics around so having Modifications like Injectors and ECU is not something we could ask around.

Suggestions Welcome.!

We decided to buy the Stock one, Any Sugestions or Good to know about the 08 RXT-X I should Know?
    Example 05 need Metal Wachers, I know 08 don't ? Any Other things I shoul know?

Bump!

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by azsuptt View Post
    We decided to buy the Stock one, Any Sugestions or Good to know about the 08 RXT-X I should Know?
    Example 05 need Metal Wachers, I know 08 don't ? Any Other things I shoul know?

Bump!
    Pump tunnel are known to crack so alot of folks reinforce the tunnel area.

If it has a OEM intake grate, replace it, as it is an anchor.

By an anchor you mean it slows down the PWC instead of helping with water induction and proposing(Misspell I'm Afraid of this one). Basically the new aftermarket will be a huge Gain?

Heard about the Pump Tunel Crack, but not able to find a good How to on that one. Seems you need to have some experience with Fiberglass to do the Work. The one I saw use carbon fiber to fix it, and I sure dont know where to find that.? (Seems the work is guided to harden the area. I might venture to do the job. Will need to document myself more about the topic.

Any Other Flaws?, Heard that althoughb metal wachers, some members experience problems over 70 Hrs. Thinking of advicing my buddy to buy the Riva Wachers and the Intake Grade as sugested

If you Keep the ski mostly stock I wouldn't worry about the Pump tunnel cracking anytime soon the riva intake grate would be a welcome addition but not a must right know, you'll gain a few mph vs stock. other than that ride until you decide your either content or you need more power & speed (note; power/speed is = to Money).

Thanks for the sugestions, I guess I will be modding more my RXP than my buddy RXT-X, since I don't want to fall behind my friends RXT-X.

BIG BUMP,

The stock rxt-x was sold so we are looking back the one with riva ecu, air intake, grade, injectors, catch can, maybe aftermarket waterbox, exaust, riva jetstrim

So, how i know what size injectors?
    We were told the ecu was a riva 8600rpm? How to corroborate and what type of injectors should be recomended 4 rva ecu?
    With the above mods what speed should wee obtain?(gps on hand)

Pict Of the Inside Of what we will test tomorrow:

Thread Information