Thread: RX Project

RX Project

Looking for some performance parts for a project 2002 rx. I am thinking of building a big bore, not sure yet. Am open to suggestions, ideas ect. If you have any 951 performance parts you want to get rid of please let me know and your price.

+1
    I have quite a few parts PM sent.

+1
    Take a stock set of cylinders and offset the bores by 3mm from top to bottom away from the exhaust ports. This directs the power stroke down to the crank which produces more torque and power.Have spoken to a few of the 2 stroke gurus and they have never heard of it.Les Cooke is the founder of this mod back maybe 8-9 years ago and it works.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by SURFnTURF View Post
    Take a stock set of cylinders and offset the bores by 3mm from top to bottom away from the exhaust ports. This directs the power stroke down to the crank which produces more torque and power.Have spoken to a few of the 2 stroke gurus and they have never heard of it.Les Cooke is the founder of this mod back maybe 8-9 years ago and it works.
    Sorry to hack the thread but since I have an 00 RX sitting on the garage waiting for some $$ to fix it (The one in the avatar past away RIP... lol) It got my attention this mod and the topic as well. Would there be pictures off how its suposed to look this mod? Sorry for my ignorance but you are talking about enlarging the longitud off the exhaust port? Sounds intersting now that I have the engine apart.

Burdmark: Keep us post it . Put some pics also.

Do you have any more information on this? I have a good machinist and he likes projects like this.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by burdmark View Post
    Do you have any more information on this? I have a good machinist and he likes projects like this.
    You need a stock bore cylinder as anything less will reduce the liner at the top and the bottom to an unserviceable limit. The bores are set up approx 1.5mm from the centre line of the bottom and 1.5mm from the centre line of the top.The offset is away from the exhaust ports at the top.
    What this does is Energy from the power stroke is now being forced down on to the side of the crank instead of the centre .
    This not only creates a slight rise in rpms but more importantly it raises the torque level of the engine considerably.
    Then you can prop it to suit.
    It is a very simple concept but is a little tricky in setting it up on the boring machine .Wedges and packers are used to one side to give you the offset.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	offset bore.png 
Views:	33 
Size:	20.5 KB 
ID:	260172  

+1
    Have you compared just a 3 mm over bore to your 3 mm over bore offset setup? Just a 3 mm over bore gives a GOOD bit more torque in itself. So you're saying to take away 3 mm of sleeve from 1 side on top and 1 side on the bottom-- WOW!!!

Thread Information