Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 11
  1. #1

    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Central North Carolina
    Posts
    3,847
    +1
    528

    Exclamation Free Flow Exhaust W/O The Noise/Drone

    There seems to be a lot of post about the exhaust mods available on the sho/fzr/fzs. My mod was designed to provide the lowest back pressure while keeping the exhaust noise at a very low level. http://www.greenhulk.net/forums/show...=117030&page=1 While this mod may or may not be the best in performance increase it is close to as good as a free flow open exhaust WITH OUT the noise. A lot of people don't like PWC's to start with out on the water and want to restrict/ban them from there waters all together. I encourage everyone to think about not ridding there PWC's with a exhaust that is loud . IMO keep them quite so as to not upset others and be respectfull of other around you when using your PWC. Tommy Jordan


  2. #2
    gleson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Wollongong Australia
    Posts
    425
    +1
    13
    Couldn't agree more Tommy, good positive post.

  3. #3

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Littleton,NC on Lake Gaston
    Posts
    261
    +1
    23
    Tommy you may want to share that your modified setup run the same speed as the free flow exhaust. Oldman

  4. #4
    mckma's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Kernersville N.C.
    Posts
    150
    +1
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by Oldman View Post
    Tommy you may want to share that your modified setup run the same speed as the free flow exhaust. Oldman
    really,,thanks Oldman,,,So tommy how did it go ?

  5. #5
    mckma's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Kernersville N.C.
    Posts
    150
    +1
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by gleson View Post
    Couldn't agree more Tommy, good positive post.
    +1

  6. #6
    Whats that whistling noise? jtskier11's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Right side of Kansas
    Posts
    4,342
    +1
    87
    Without physical data to back it up I cant prove it. And by no means am I claiming Tommys findings are worng at all. So please dont take this wrong guys. But my ski felt snappier and pulled harder with the stock exhaust out. Yes, the noise is god awful annoying and ultimately It will be changed by spring. Im just contemplating some better flowing alternatives to quiet this heffer down.

  7. #7
    mckma's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Kernersville N.C.
    Posts
    150
    +1
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by jtskier11 View Post
    Without physical data to back it up I cant prove it. And by no means am I claiming Tommys findings are worng at all. So please dont take this wrong guys. But my ski felt snappier and pulled harder with the stock exhaust out. Yes, the noise is god awful annoying and ultimately It will be changed by spring. Im just contemplating some better flowing alternatives to quiet this heffer down.
    we have got some months before spring maybe we will figure something out

  8. #8
    Whats that whistling noise? jtskier11's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Right side of Kansas
    Posts
    4,342
    +1
    87
    Quote Originally Posted by mckma View Post
    we have got some months before spring maybe we will figure something out
    Would inserting a fitting into my aluminum free-flow tube and inducing water right before the exhaust exits do much of anything? Since we have an abundance of water and it would be easy to add a fitting to that pipe...... Just thinking out loud is all.

  9. #9
    lets race.... mikeFZR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    MA
    Posts
    4,134
    +1
    205
    Quote Originally Posted by jtskier11 View Post
    Would inserting a fitting into my aluminum free-flow tube and inducing water right before the exhaust exits do much of anything? Since we have an abundance of water and it would be easy to add a fitting to that pipe...... Just thinking out loud is all.
    Can't say for sure. But I'm pretty sure the main component of the drone is the vibrations caused by the stock exhaust outlet in the pump tunnel.

  10. #10
    Whats that whistling noise? jtskier11's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Right side of Kansas
    Posts
    4,342
    +1
    87
    Quote Originally Posted by mikeFZR View Post
    Can't say for sure. But I'm pretty sure the main component of the drone is the vibrations caused by the stock exhaust outlet in the pump tunnel.
    Yea, im just becoming less and less inclined to drill that giant hole in my transom!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Free flow exhaust w/o the noise
    By 2fast4u in forum Yamaha PWC Performance (4-stroke)
    Replies: 142
    Last Post: 08-14-2017, 05:31 PM
  2. Anyone used the Free Flow exhaust kit on the RTX-X 260?
    By Rutcutter in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 03-30-2011, 09:50 AM
  3. Are Riva Free flow exhaust hoses worth the money on a stock gp1300
    By jdh022764 in forum Yamaha PWC Performance (2-stroke)
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 02-27-2010, 12:53 PM
  4. Riva free flow exhaust vs. through the hull
    By RobbieMWD in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 05-22-2008, 07:41 PM
  5. will the fx free flow exhaust mod fit the vx
    By nev350 in forum Yamaha PWC Performance (2-stroke)
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 07-08-2007, 05:43 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •