R12x wierd noise

Hi everyone, im new to the forum and new to jetski's. Just bought a 2005 R12x here in Australia, love it! Great fun in the surf over here!
    Now not having much experience with ski's i have a strange noise coming from the driveline? I have just replaced the pump bearings and the impella but the noise still remains..
    The noise only comes in when i reach 50 odd klms/hour, so around 30-35miles/hour. Seems to increase as the ski goes quicker, all the way to top speed, but dissapears when the ski comes out of the water. So basically, when there is no load on the drive line its quiet. Wont do it on the trailer and is dead quiet on idle.
    To describe the noise i would say its like a groan but not overly deep. There is a feeling through the hull matching the noise when present. Could it just be cavitation?
    Any help would be appreceiated.

Cheers, Chad.

+1
    Many times the water chattering on the sponsons gets people all excited. The Hondas are so quiet that it is a very pronounced noise.

Thanks for the info mate! Can i run the ski with them removed to isolate them?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Chad R12X View Post
    Thanks for the info mate! Can i run the ski with them removed to isolate them?
    I don't know if the hull would leak without them being bolted on or not. There are some of the other guys here who have experimented with aftermarket sponsons who would know.

Thread Information