Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Fogging RXP 2005

Well Was readding a lot and was not able to find the How To on Fogging my engine
    seems people have different procedures, Some fog it by spraying true the Intake wile running wich do not make sense to me, Others Remove the Spark plugs and put Fogging oil into it, Then crank and Store, Others remove the Injectors cover? (This one I will like to know How?)

Wich one is the right procedure for my 05? )5 manual will come in handy, Anyone?
    How to remove the Injectors or the cover for fogging?
    How much fog oil should be pour?
    Does the RXP 05 Model have a Valve for Fogging the Engine? Where is Located

How often should I fog the engine?, After each ride?

I'm trying to mantain my engine and heard the 05 Valves tend to rust and cause damage if no protection is done.

Sugestions Please!

Edited Post:
    Found this instructions from the Manual, Will like to have a Picture of the Bolts that need to be taken off, Is there a How to for removing the Injector rail and Injectors:

Procedure from manual:
    To fog the engine , proceed as follows:
    Remove the two bolts that hold the fuel rail on.
    Remove the rail along with the three fuel injectors.
    Spray liberally BOMBARDIER LUBE lubricant into
    the intake ports. Ensure enough BOMBARDIER
    LUBE is sprayed in the intake ports so
    when the engine is cranked the exhaust
    valves will be fully lubricated.
    Crank engine several times while keeping
    throttle fully depressed (drown engine mode)
    to distribute lubricant in cylinders, on intake
    valves and exhaust valves.

Well, I think you will get some hesitance from people responding, as there are lots of opinions and debate what is best. I will give you my opinion. Since the only thing that is really critical is the exhaust valve, the procedure you copied is the best one to use. I don't have a photo, but you don't really need one. Pop off the engine cover, and you will see the fuel rail. If you take off the two E8 torx screws that hold the fuel rail down, you can pull out the fuel rail with injectors still attached. Then you spray the fogging oil into each injection port as noted above.

There is a world of difference between fogging oil brands. I only use either the Mecury Marine Storage Seal, or the Evinrude/Johnson Storage Fogging Oil. When you spray these, you get this sticky foamy oil that gets over everything internally. Exactly what you want. Don't use Pennzoil, Stabil, CRC or anything other than those two I recommended. These are all basically kerosene and are crap. These companies should be ashamed of calling this junk fogging oil.

Some guys like to spray fogging oil into the throttle body as well, and some like to use this method while engine runs. While I can see the value of coating the throttle body internal guts (if you live near salt water, but I ride only fresh water) I don't like the idea of coating the inside of the intake, especially with an internal intercooler like you have. (remember that good fogging oil is sticky?) And burning the fogging oil while running is stupid IMHO, because you really want the maximum coating on the exhaust valves, and burning it removes most of the coating value.

I am sure others will disagree; fogging is a debate....

A smart admits!A wicked excuses!An idiot insists! mitsakosgt's Avatar
    +1
    Thats exactly the way I do fogging on all skis.
    Procedure from manual:
    To fog the engine , proceed as follows:
    Remove the two bolts that hold the fuel rail on.
    Remove the rail along with the three fuel injectors.
    Spray liberally BOMBARDIER LUBE lubricant into
    the intake ports. Ensure enough BOMBARDIER
    LUBE is sprayed in the intake ports so
    when the engine is cranked the exhaust
    valves will be fully lubricated.
    Crank engine several times while keeping
    throttle fully depressed (drown engine mode)
    to distribute lubricant in cylinders, on intake
    valves and exhaust valves.
    These are the two bolts that need to unbolted so you can fog the engine!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	boost2.jpg 
Views:	416 
Size:	92.1 KB 
ID:	260128  

Im guesing everything will stay connected and will come right up

How often shoyld i fog?
    I will be doing salt water always and there is no winter in PR, do you recomend on spraying the throtle internal as well? Usually i use it either sat or sundays, only ride for 2-3 hours tops and sits for a week or two waiting for next weekend

A smart admits!A wicked excuses!An idiot insists! mitsakosgt's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by azsuptt View Post
    How often? I will be doing salt water always and there is no winter in PR, do you recomend on spraying the throtle internal as well? Usually i use it either sat or sundays, only ride for 2-3 hours tops and sits for a week or two waiting for next weekend
    If I were you I spray the throttle body after each ride and I will do fogging when the ski sits for 20 days or more.I usually run my ski every sunday.

You want to fog the valves anytime it is going to sit for more than a couple days. In your example, you should fog after you are done riding on Sunday. Once you know what you are doing, fogging only takes a couple minutes to pull the rail and fog. The first time you pull the rail, it may be hard (sometimes really hard) to remove as the O-rings on the injectors tend to lose their lube and stick. Make sure you clean good around the injector port openings before pulling the rail to keep junk from falling into port. Then when putting rail back in, most guys put a thin coat of oil around O-ring to allow it to seat and remove easier. I have been using silicone dielectric grease instead, as it doesn't migrate as much as oil. (the migrating oil attracts dirt, making the chance of getting dirt into the port much greater.

Good Info, Sure will try next sunday, since I need to test my new riva Washers

there is a modification that you can do to fog. locate the 3 nipples on your intake manifold,right a the top, drill the center of the nipple with a small drill bit as not to destroy the nipple itself. get some clear oil line tube or fuel line( like the weed wacker size) fit the line over the nipples and secure with small black zip ties. connect the 3 loose ends into a 4 way cross tee and secure them the same, cap the remaining port on the cross. then when you're ready to fog, just remove the cap and spray the fogging oil in the open port. make sure that you crank it over a few times after fogging while holding the throttle fully open. remember to re-cap the open port when you're done. this omits having to remove the fuel injectors when you want to fog.

There is a lot of posts about this and in fact as jersey says, there is a mod you can do using the nipples on the intake.

Do a search on "fogging engine" and you will find an article with pictures showing the mod.

Easy and cheap to do....no removing anything and makes it easy to fog after riding

The Fogging oil widely available in PR is CRC Fogging Oil at AZone, Any other easily available that is worth using. What ingredient should I be looking in this Fogging oils, or wich ones should I stay Away from. 656(CRC) is widely used in PR for External used?, Any Sugestions on the right fogging oil to use or brand dont matter. Allready call a local Sea doo for their BRP Lube but they don'y sell it .

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information