I went fishing Friday night on the Rockhound with Capt. Pete, Mate Capt. Robert, Tina, Jerry two other out of town guys. We eeled around the fourth island of the Chesapeake Bay Bridge Tunnel and then at the High Rise. No bites all night but a fun time just the same. We were back at the dock in Hampton Va. around 0100 hrs.
Saturday was breezy so I got caught up around the house.
By Sunday I was ready to go again but the wind was still 15-20 out the NE so I towed my jet ski over to the Eastern shore and dropped in at the Kiptopeke ramp.
I was off of Cape Charles light around Nautilus Shoals by 0715. I made several drifts and caught a couple of Dogfish on eels. Later I drifted eels off of the High Rise and had one nice run that did not stay on.
Later in the day I trolled a Stretch Imitator in some real good bait right off the span had a great hit that did not stick and then a strong take down that pulled out a lot off line. I managed to get the approximately 30-35 Striper to within 10 feet of my Jet Ski and then the line broke, or so I thought. The Stretch actually broke apart and I lost my dinner fish, that was a first for me. A full day on the ski, back home after dark. I had a couple of chances but it did not all come together. I will be out again soon because the bite is finally picking up around here with only a couple of weeks left of our Bay season. Here are a couple of pictures from this weekend.