Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    +1

More air into hull

finally done it, been trying to find the time when my ski has been home, not taking the credit for this one as im sure others have gone this way.
    brought an oem air duct and gasket and used one of my removed rear hoses, mounted it beneath the fairing on the rhs. angled the airhose to the rear of the ski ontop of the fuel tank.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	13122011376.jpg 
Views:	126 
Size:	61.5 KB 
ID:	260178   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	13122011374.jpg 
Views:	129 
Size:	93.4 KB 
ID:	260179   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	13122011373.jpg 
Views:	134 
Size:	94.1 KB 
ID:	260180   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	13122011375.jpg 
Views:	109 
Size:	84.6 KB 
ID:	260181  

Looks good mate! Is your hose fastened really good to the air intake? I only ask because your new air inlet is almost directly above your air intake megaphone. You would not want the hose to come off on a rough day and potentially give some water an easy access to the air intake megaphone

A great idea . . . JB

+1
    now come on jb we aussies dont do things in halves some things are just too easy to achieve and its right under your nose as spoken above the secret squirrell has had this for some time believe it or not i told him of it some time ago and was told yer already done lol guess we think alike..but i do have the flat filter also..btw have you ever had a air breather tube fall off? i dont think so, i have nothing to worry about as its all same as oem.

Quote Originally Posted by john belton View Post
    Looks good mate! Is your hose fastened really good to the air intake? I only ask because your new air inlet is almost directly above your air intake megaphone. You would not want the hose to come off on a rough day and potentially give some water an easy access to the air intake megaphone

A great idea . . . JB

Banned User
    +1
    Hope you never get a strong vent out the fuel breather lol.

Looks good Corey.

+1
    That's pretty sweet! Too bad in stock class we can't have any Hull mods that increase air intake.

Quote Originally Posted by nicjak View Post
    now come on jb we aussies dont do things in halves some things are just too easy to achieve and its right under your nose as spoken above the secret squirrell has had this for some time believe it or not i told him of it some time ago and was told yer already done lol guess we think alike..but i do have the flat filter also..btw have you ever had a air breather tube fall off? i dont think so, i have nothing to worry about as its all same as oem.
    Looks very sea worthy Nicjak . . . I would feel 100% secure on your boat in even the biggest waves at Bell's Beach in Victoria. I did not know that they moved the air intake to the other side of the boat (Sir B pointed that out in Post #3).

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by FullTilt429 View Post
    That's pretty sweet! Too bad in stock class we can't have any Hull mods that increase air intake.

Wow!!! Someone that actually races stock class and doesn't want to bend the rules???

If you use the factory flo tubes like nickeljac did would anyone notice???

+1
    you've been watching to many movies jb that bells footage is from over your way lol bells isnt the best place to ride a ski, theres nothing there but cliff tops and hang gliders, oh and lots of surfers that dislike jet skis.

Perfect work guys,,these are mods I love to see.Looks as if it came from the factory.

Nicjak, did you permanently remove the protective cover that is in front of the oem air ducts for more air?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information