Boat computer vs ski computer

Hey guys I have a twin engine Seadoo speedster 200. When I hook the boat up to buds or candoo both of the computers have the same vin and use one key to start the boat. Can you use two of the 215 ski computers or do they have to be a matched set of boat computers? You do hook the candoo or buds system to each of the motors but If I remember correctly when you program a key to one of the two engines the other computer will automatically know to use that same key. Thanks in advance guys.

+1
    You will need to program a key to each ECM in the sportboats. Yes, you can use a ECM from a ski in a sportboat, I did it in my build. Just make sure you tell them what you want it flashed for and install them.

So if I rounded up two used rxp computers I could program them to the boat? I forgot u replaced the computers in that speedster you built. You dont still have his factory computers do you? I have the 185 boat computers now and I cant find anywhere what the oem rev limiter is. I have the solas props pitched to where the engines are turning 7900rpm now so I do know it does not have the same 7600 rev limiter like the skis do. Thanks Man!

+1
    My customer should have his ECU's. I gave all old parts back to him, and he shoved them all in his garage. Only thing I have from it are the 2 stock I/C's.

If you goto sea-doo's website and look up previous year models and find yurs, look up the tech specs for it and it should say what the Rev limiters are set at or near

Thanks man. I have already been there looking at the changes from year to year. It does not say the rev limiter it just says 185hp @ 7500rpm. Now the guy I got it from put solas props on it and had them pitched to get the boat up to 7900rpm. UNLESS the tacks are way off the boat is pullin 7900rpm. I wish I could fing a tech bullion on what the actual rev limiter is on the 185 boat vs the 215 boat.

Thread Information