Page 1 of 38 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast
    SPEED KILLS, BUT YOU GET THERE QUICKER Keddano's Avatar
    +1

Cool 4th Annual Midwest Gathering July 28-29th 2012

The 4th Annual Midwest gathering will again be on Harsen Island same as last year.

It will be held JULY 27, 28 and 29th.

Now is the time to start planning lodging. The sooner, the easier to rent cabins, motel rooms,camping.

For those that came last year,please post your experience if you stayed the night, or the location, so others can get a first hand feel for it.

I'm sure this year will be the best year yet as each of the past years have been.

Look at the HEAD on that! and always BDYC! LOL :yay2:Let the disscussion begain.
    Last edited by Keddano; 12-30-2011 at 02:41 PM.

+1
    Man - I just finished reading last year's thread on this yesterday...... Had to take a nap when I was done! I wait eagerly to see things unfold and hope I am able to attend!!!

Banned User
    +1
    I will be there no matter when it is...

+1
    ill be there, doesn't matter when. Had a great time this year

Just snoozin' on the couch M447's Avatar
    +1
    Northeast Gathering June 28 - July 1.
    Belle River Watercross Race (mid July),
    Mike Jansen Cup (end of August)
    Rideau Ferry Poker Run sometime in July.

SURE!!! We will make time for this!!! For Sure!!! Haven't missed a gathering YET

FEED THE ADDICTION

+1
    The Location was perfect. Plenty of room for cars to park, Campfire available,Gazebo to sit under as the sun rises, your right at the rivers edge,the rooms were a tad small. I didn't have one but looked small. Both fridges came in handy in the house.hopefully they fixed that one or plugged it in or whatever the deal was, gas station is not far. about 4 min riding and your there.

The house was a lil hot at night, need more fans.I was on the porch and was cooking.lol A charcoal grill was available to cook on and we did. The launch for the skis was right down the street. less than a 7 min ride. Gas wasnt exactly cheap so..... maybe bring some.

If you have to get to the house during the day, its pretty easy. just get on the ferry, cross the river, make a left and follow the road for 4 miles. it changes names numerous times...lol like 4 or 5 times. the house is all the way down a long 1 lane road on the left that goes right to the river. then you have to get out and open the gate and drive over a metal grate bridge. then there's 2 houses..dillions on the right and "our" house on the left. the bridge is the only way on and off the property.easy enough.. just knowing that will be a big help. last year, I was the first there and thought i hit the wrong road till the old guy next store yelled- "who ya looking for?"

Everyone seemed like they got to know the area pretty fast on the lake. Noone got lost or left behind. The back bays are like glass and you can hang out in 3 foot water. the temp of the water was perfect. the weather was decent. a couple storms blew thru here n there, it was kinda funny, 30 days straight before that it was sunny and 92 everyday.. we had a super hot summer this past year.

The food was great and thanks to a members' BBQ grill in tow, he made us some special recipe ribs. they were great. The price for the rent was good too. Hopefully we can get it again for the same price. it was very fair. The Landlord was cool with everything..

Everyone pitched in and helped doing everything.. There's a actual lil beach for the skis! it will hold I would say 10 if in 2 rows. We tied ropes across it to keep the skis straight pointed towards the water. worked great. Thanks Dan. The rest could be a second row or just beach them for the day is an option too.

Next to the Gazebo in the canal behind the house is a spot to park skis also. I think 4 fit . its calm back there also. The Dinner table was large enough for all. Grocery stores and such are down the street from the ferry crossing on the mainland. not too far. about 3,4 miles maybe? Even a auto store can be had if need be.

"RISE OF THE MOSQUITOES" YIKES!!! 8-30pm to 9-45 pm BEWARE!. They will eat you alive if your near the shoreline. Bring some "OFF". Its quiet at nighttime too. Nice...

I'm good with any date/time slot. Dibs on the porch! leave the rooms for the couples.. Nope, I won't add any 2-stroke oil FIRST this time...lol

Mike, was that the BIGGEST CLOUD you ever seen coming from a jetski? Dillions house disappeared.

Bryan, glad to hear your coming. you'll love it. worth the drive.

+1
    end of july beginning of august sounds perfect for me and the girl, we are both rather excited to head to a gathering!

+1
    Glad to see the excitement early so we can get things reserved. It was the best Midwest gathering location yet. Looking forward to meeting many new faces and past ones.

+1
    Question.......... Let's start a list, If you are planning on going and interested in renting a cabin,Please copy and add your name and # of people, This way we can start lining groups up to reserve cabins. There is also a few motels on the mainland if you perfer that route.

But staying on the island is the whip to be able to enjoy all the fellowship into the evening, also you can party and be alot safer just being a short drive/walk back for the night.

CABINS

Dan and Amy
    Tom (bowsniper)

+1
    Question.......... Let's start a list, If you are planning on going and interested in renting a cabin,Please copy and add your name and # of people, This way we can start lining groups up to reserve cabins. There is also a few motels on the mainland if you perfer that route.

But staying on the island is the whip to be able to enjoy all the fellowship into the evening, also you can party and be alot safer just being a short drive/walk back for the night.

CABINS

Dan and Amy
    Tom (bowsniper)
    Dave and Jamie( depending when it actually is)

Page 1 of 38 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread Information