Question Cant find a UMI setup anywhere!

I've been trying to find a UMI setup for my 96 XP for about a year now but I cant find one anywhere new or used! Did they quit making these? Are there any alternatives out there? I mainly want the setup for looks so I'm open to any other brand if there are any. Thanks for the help!

Moderated
    they are an old ski and its an old part, that coupled with the fact that once you go UMI you generally dont go back mans they are hard to find....ask shibby, he may have one stashed away

+1
    I can still get new UMi setups for the x4 hull -they arent cheap-like any UMI at $399 plus shipping. PM me if you are interested in a new one.

+1
    http://nitroisland.com/portal/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=188

Check this post from another forum. It's a local forum from Puerto Rico but maybe the guy can ship it over. It says the steering fits 96 xp and also cheap...

A smart admits!A wicked excuses!An idiot insists! mitsakosgt's Avatar
    +1
    I saw one on ebay a couple days ago!

Quote Originally Posted by porschemaniac View Post
    I can still get new UMi setups for the x4 hull -they arent cheap-like any UMI at $399 plus shipping. PM me if you are interested in a new one.
    Is that a complete setup with handle bars and all hardware or just the steering mechanism? If its just the steering mechanism what all is needed to complete it? I know the finger throttle, and billet switches are no included but what else would I need?
    Quote Originally Posted by AndinoWatercraft View Post
    http://nitroisland.com/portal/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=188
    Check this post from another forum. It's a local forum from Puerto Rico but maybe the guy can ship it over. It says the steering fits 96 xp and also cheap...
    Thanks! I'll check it out, I have to get my buddy over here to decipher it for me lol
    Quote Originally Posted by mitsakosgt View Post
    I saw one on ebay a couple days ago!
    Yeah I saw that one but it was missing parts and he said it was only in decent shape. I would rather spend a lil extra and get a good one since I plan to have the ski for years.

+1
    I'm guessing for 399 it is just the mount and the stem. The bars and switches are extra. Did you check pwc today. I have seen them for sale pretty regularly on there.

+1
    i also have new available. retail is 430.00 + s&h. if you mention green hulk, i will give you 10% off.

this is JUST the steer system.

i have new bars, throttles, and seadoo cable adapters in stock.

the switch holders ( start / stop / VTS) are what is getting difficult to find.

please email or call if i can help.

Thanks for the help everyone! Porschemaniac helped me find a used setup over at PWC Today. I will post pics once I get it installed

Thread Information