fixing flat spots on gp1300r

hey guys just looking for some advice on my 05 gp1300r it has a massive flat spot when accelerating from idle or from 4000rpm. I have read up on the problem and understand i need an after market fuel controller or r1 reflash. My question is has anyone installed a fuel controller or a relfash and it has not fixed the problem? also i cant seem to find the reflash on ebay or at any shops near mine, i understand it is the better but more expensive option i was wondering if anyone could tell me how much more the reflash would cost or if they know anywere i can get it from.

thanks

Quote Originally Posted by matt05gp1300 View Post
    hey guys just looking for some advice on my 05 gp1300r it has a massive flat spot when accelerating from idle or from 4000rpm. I have read up on the problem and understand i need an after market fuel controller or r1 reflash. My question is has anyone installed a fuel controller or a relfash and it has not fixed the problem? also i cant seem to find the reflash on ebay or at any shops near mine, i understand it is the better but more expensive option i was wondering if anyone could tell me how much more the reflash would cost or if they know anywere i can get it from.

thanks
    Hello Matt, and Happy Holidays!
    That will not cure your issue. you need to look elsewhere.
    List what is done to the ski so other qualified members can assist.

The reflash is purchased here thru the forum store. http://www.4-tecperformance.com/inde...oducts_id=1493
    I suggest you contact R&D directly so you have a better understanding on what the reflash does before you order. BUT you need to address the low end BOG first...

RIVA or R&D fuel controller is generally used when adding mods that require more fueling to cover any lean spots and add more in transition areas. The WOT fuel mapping in the stock ECU is generally very good for most applications.

also post you location. maybe someone is nearby to assist. Good Luck!
    good reading:
    http://www.greenhulk.net/forums/showthread.php?t=64736

and look here for some very good write ups:
    http://www.greenhulk.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=34

hey thanks mate happy holidays to you aswell
    the ski is just stock at the moment. originally i thought it was the plugs but changed them and it had no effect. i then asked my mate about his gpr and it does the exact same thing. I thought that the reflash would fix the problem as it says it improves throttle response and midrange performance. there are a few more mods i wanted to do to the ski probly in the winter when its just sitting around, however i thought that the reflash would at least eliminate the flat spot which is really bugging me. thanks for the help n i live in sydney australia by the way.

Cool, and no prob! Welcome!
    there are several things you could check, and many suggestions on what to do to the GPR for better reliability and safety...
    From what you describe it sound like you have the normal hesitation that is associated with pushing the water out of the box if you were idling for any extended time... Even stock ski`s spool up pretty darn quick off idle. But if you are experiencing a long low end bog, then something is def up. 4K rpms is already after any water has been expelled from the water box and you shouldn`t be having acceleration issues there... the best way to go about it is to read, and start diagnosing and checking... I don`t remember if the Aussie models ski`s have Cat Cons, best to check with a local boys...

yes, those performance parts do just that. If you have a well running ski with zero issues the R&D reflash definitely cleans up the GPR`s mapping nicely! The Controllers are used to cover areas when an FA, or FF are used if there is a low end bog when caused by installing those parts. The controller is also required when when Compression is raised, reeds are used, timing is changed thru the use of a timing key etc ...

Just read up and do your research, become familiar with who is "in the know" around here, or on any forum, and be careful of others with misinformation. Lots of members to help you out that do know the GPR very well... have fun!

Thread Information