Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Boost question for a 2005 GTX Limited 215

How much boost is being produced on this model? Also - does anyone know what the intercooler capacity?

+1
    not 100% sure but i renember reading it being 5.5-6PSI @ 8000 rpm.......
    im pretty sure its the same for every 215HP seadoo....

Awesome - Thanks. Based on the engine specs I can find, I thought it would have been around 4-5 PSI. I am trying to learn as much as I can about this rotax motor as I can, as it is my 1st, and like everything else I ever owned, I will wind up modding it out.

+1
    mine is still stock....
    not really going for speed, but if im going to do anything is add a turbo that will give me about 250 hp and be fuel economic....
    or i could get a 500HP turbo ( or something cray like it) and down tune it... add restrictions and such.....

not worried about being the fastest as im not the last on the lake.... but this summer i wasted 600l of gas in the summer ( sure the lawn mower and such takes some gas, but im sure 80% of it went into the seadoo)

im also learning everything so feel free to ask xD

600L of gas would be a Nice change for us. We used over 1100 Gallons in the boat alone this past summer, and another 70 or so gallons in my son's ski. Now with the Sea-Doo I am sure I will be upping those numbers. As for me, I just like to learn every motor / setup that I have so that I can be less technically challenged when I hit the dealer, or do basic self-maintenance. Modding the ski will be an itch I am sure, but I am just now starting to get two way communication with the wife since I bought it, so I will have to lay low for a bit.

+1
    haha.... same here...
    i barely boated this summer...... i mean... we have to go to the boat ramp, (3 km away)
    so and so... takes time..... to get everything ready...
    to launch my seadoo? 5 minutes to hook up to my atv, go 200Meters and launch it there (roads ramp(private road))

must be a pretty big boat to drain 1100galons......
    but 600L will grow... maybe to 700-750 next summer....as there is less and less work around the house... and the boat consumes more...
    plus our overall consumption will go up as we now have 2 atvs... and as were going to tow the boat (by car and not atv) it will be overall more..... im pretty sure... in a year... including the car we "waste" about 1200L.... looking at the numbers makes me feel bad about nature but its worth for the fun....

btw are you wanting to increase the boost presure? oh and the seadoo boats+jetskis have the same engine...

Our boat and now "Ski's" are permanently located at a Marina. It is less than a mile from home, and everything is always ready to go whenever I feel like it. The boat is a 25 footer with a built 350 in it, and although it sucks gas, I really do not care that much. It is a "cost of having fun" to us. Some people we know go to Disney or go on a cruise and drop 10K on a week's vacation.... I prefer to use it all summer long and still come out less than them in actual cost.

+1
    i completly agree with that... but honestly, i had my boat at the marina, wouldnt do it again really, the algae really grows onto it......
    my boat is 18ft small but good enough for my needs, with a 1.5L inline 3, supercharged rotax .
    plus i bought a house so i keep my boat in the garage same as the skis...

I am lucky enough to be in fresh water, with a current. With ablative bottom paint, I have never seen any algae at all.

+1
    im also in fresh water... but not sure about the current ... its there but not anything crazy fast.....
    not sure about your bottom paint but seadoos aka gelcoat fiberglass boats get them... and really fast... id only be worried about the ski...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information