Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: fuel eco.

+1

fuel eco.

well... hello guys, just a question if any of you have an idea how to make my 06 rxp and 08challenger more fuel friendly excp not riding it or staying off the throttle?

i was thinking of doing a turbo build for any of the two, nothing crazy like 500HP but a nice 250ish turbo (or in the case a 500hp turbo that will be restricted or so on)

it can be anything for freemods to something as high as afew K$
    but it being resonable and doing major fuel economy (to the few K mods) but if the free mods save me abit id be happy too.

for now its not about $ for gas but to maybe make the run time longer , especially on my challenger......

thanks in advance for all the info/help

P.S. has anyone went turbo on their challenger?

+1
    You could leave it supercharged and get a fuel controller/RRFPR to adjust the AFR's to lean it out in the mid range and low end.

My setup is as follows and I get 128-140 miles per tank at 6k and if I can stay out of the boost...

ET 137
    RRFPR
    RIVA GRATE
    42's
    Rear Exhaust
    TDR Box
    Innovate LC-1 or MTX-L Kit
    4" Air Intake
    15/22R
    Stock 83mm Nozzle
    SFR Ride Plate Mod
    RE Block-Off's
    GreenHulk Reflash
    VTU

As far as going Turbo on a Challenger, I have not heard of that. I would put a 4" intake on it. You will see a better throttle response and about 150-200ish rpm's. A supporting prop would also help to. Good luck...

+1
    hmm... good idea.... but isnt the rotax in my challenger basicly the same as on the rxp? i only see its abit different as theres more room so everything is spread out....

so with your set-up how many MPH do you get, if you WOT it, and 128-140 miles per tank sounds nice, but how much is it above normal?
    ive never really measured whats my fuel eco as my cluster doesnt work, but the seadoo haveing a 60L tank, is only afew hours, id say.... 4-5 hours of run time at variable throttle and so...
    so figuring my average speed is... 25mph. i get 100-125miles per tank? sounds too good to be true...

so questions in short=
    - turbo on challenger= same as on a ski as the engine is the same?
    -how many miles per tank does a jetski get stock.
    -top speed with your setup ( saying i dont want to go fuel.eco. one day.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by shui View Post
    hmm... good idea.... but isnt the rotax in my challenger basicly the same as on the rxp? i only see its abit different as theres more room so everything is spread out....

so with your set-up how many MPH do you get, if you WOT it, and 128-140 miles per tank sounds nice, but how much is it above normal?
    ive never really measured whats my fuel eco as my cluster doesnt work, but the seadoo haveing a 60L tank, is only afew hours, id say.... 4-5 hours of run time at variable throttle and so...
    so figuring my average speed is... 25mph. i get 100-125miles per tank? sounds too good to be true...

so questions in short=
    - turbo on challenger= same as on a ski as the engine is the same?
    -how many miles per tank does a jetski get stock.
    -top speed with your setup ( saying i dont want to go fuel.eco. one day.
    Cruising at 6,000 rpms I get that mileage. It's averaged at 52-53 mph. That's staying out of the boost. WOT at 8700 I see 84.6.

The engine in the challenger is the same. However, you will NOT see the same gains as you would in a ski. Look in the boats section. There is a guy on the east coast that builds the challengers and speedsters. He did a build thread I think.

Miles per tank on a stock ski is around 90-98 ish. WOT you will get about 50-60

Stock ski runs 68 at WOT and at 6k it runs 42-45 ish.

+1
    i realise about the decreased gains, but i would imagine how much $$$ it would take to get my challenger to 70MPH to beat stock skis around here.... the look on their faces=princeless....

and will do...
    so are ALL those mods neccesairy to get that kind of fuel economy ? what would be the best bang for the $?
    im guessing RRFPR?

im not looking for speed yet again, but to save fuel... so things like intake grate, even if they help, i wouldnt need them, as well as the RE blockoffs....(those fins on the side right?)

EDIT: what would be the aprox. value to get everything on that list? im guessing.... 2500$ ? labor will be mine... i might be horribly off... but... yea... thanks for the reply/help btw.... helping me alot on this.
    EDIT 2: looks like 5000$ or more O_O.........

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by MSRXP View Post
    My setup is as follows and I get 128-140 miles per tank...
    I get nowhere near that in my stock ski

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by eb87 View Post
    I get nowhere near that in my stock ski
    That was a joke,Hes getting no were near that....Guaranteed......

+1
    We know who's the slow learner here now

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Snoman View Post
    That was a joke,Hes getting no were near that....Guaranteed......
    That was never meant for a stock ski. That was in my modified ski. I did 134.9 miles at MB this year. Stock ski there is NO WAY you will get over 90ish. It's not efficient enough.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by MSRXP View Post
    That was never meant for a stock ski. That was in my modified ski. I did 134.9 miles at MB this year. Stock ski there is NO WAY you will get over 90ish. It's not efficient enough.
    You got 135 miles to a tank on a modified ski????Seriously???Thats freakin awsome seeing im only getting shy of 85-90 on my two give or take...Seeing your getting that in a modified ski a stock should do way better....

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information