Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    +1

Lightbulb GP1200R Pump Tunnel Stuffer

Has anybody ever used this ?
    Mongoose mentioned it for the Superjet, I see Circuit Jetsports offers one for the GP1200R.

Website
    http://www.circuitjetsports.com/gp1200r.html

R&D S-1 Aquavein & Pump Stuffer
    http://www.circuitjetsports.com/S-one.jpg

Last edited by RX951; 01-06-2007 at 12:06 PM.

+1
    That 'looks' like the s/jet one.
    Be VERY interesting if it is a gpr one.
    Did not mention the pump stuffer before as I am half way around the world from most of you,and don't have access to many other tuners, and I did assume that one of the 'packages' did something similar.
    If they don't, this could be very intersesting.
    I mentioned breifly ages ago on Riva's sight about the tunnel size of a gpr.
    Mainly about the fact that my old sea-doo xp800 did 65 with a few mods, and the tunnel size of that ski is tiny in comparison to the gpr!

+1
    Interesting ... how come nobody knows about this? If it really worked well, I would think it would be more well known ...

One thing that seems to be a constant is that there is a definite relationship between the intake cavity size and optimal nozzle size - the relationship I have seen is something like 2:1 (intake to nozzle size). Not sure exactly how it is measured for the intake tho.

If you do experiment with reducing the intake cavity size, be ready to reduce nozzle size as well to get the highest top speed. This is also why GPRs tend to run the best with 85-87mm nozzles, and RXPs seem to like 81 mm nozzles ... our intake cavities are a little different. Seems like it is important to size the nozzle first (find the 'sweet spot' compared to intake size), THEN fine tune rpms by tweaking the impeller. This seems to result in higher top speeds than the other way around.

I actually bought a Super Jet stuffer years ago to see if I could adapt it to my GPR ... never did and still have it. But it seems that the faster the ski/boat, a more restrictive intake AND more restrictive nozzle results in higher top speed generally, altho eventually takeoff may suffer.

+1

+1

Talking

Youve got waaaaay too much time on your hands bud!

+1
    Jetskr has one similar on his Kawin 650 standup. The ski was fast before he put one on, but now if hooks up HARD and is planted to the water. The ski seemed to pull a lot harder. We never ran a GPS on it so other than handling and the pull, I couldn't honetly say if there was a speed gain.

+1

Since R&D no longer make one, I wonder can some goofin' around with PVC, patience, dremel, sharpie, digital caliper and some 4200 kill time.

* Or buying one for a SJ and see if it can be altered a bit to fit

Last edited by RX951; 01-06-2007 at 11:22 PM.

It looks to me like they still have it. I just pulled this off the R&D website.

http://www.rd-performance.com/catalo...e/Inlet%20Kits

If not I think I could this made out of aluminium. I would basicly make a rounded wedge with the top extending enough to bolt under the intake grate for strength Then the rest could be 5200 just to keep it from shifting (it would only have upward force anyway.

actually for that matter it could easily be made out of sheet metal with a backer of any material to fill the void above it. Extend the top and bolt under the grate for added safety so the prop cant injest it if it ever worked loose.
    Last edited by porksword; 01-07-2007 at 01:58 AM.

they say its good for a 2mph gain but I would say the faster the ski is the more this will help. obviously the faster the ski goes the more the pump gets over stuffed, so this should incrementaly help the ski more the faster it gets.

This looks like it should basicly accomplish what woodys article stated. Redirect the flow to the bottom of the prop and not overstuff the pump. I know when I trim my outboard up its good for another 5 mph over the down position.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information