Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

+1

Best year RXP and Best simple MODs

I have had a few Honda skis but now I am looking at some RXPs. I know the Honda skis in and out but am not a Sea Doo expert.

-Plan to spend between 4k-6k for ski.

My questions are below.

-What are the best year RXPs?

-I have been told that I can put a RXP-X supercharger and 42 lb injectors on a RXP and be about equal to a RXP-X. Is this true or am I going to need a new computer?

-Can I do any MODs and still use 87oct gas in a pinch? We do alot of long rides and I cannot always get 93oct fuel on the water. I know a stock RXP can run on 87. I assume the knock sensor will pull timing back and you will loose a little power.

What are some basic things to look for when buying a used RXP? What is comsidered high hours?

+1
    I would be looking 08+. 08 was the first year the s/c models came with metal clutch washers and they didn't have any valve issues like the 04-05 models.

You can not just throw on the X charger and have it perform like the X. You would need to upgrade to an external intercooler, 42#, rrfpr and then you will be up around the same HP.

I'm sure you could do basic things like the air intake, exhaust, grate, etc and run it on 87. I don't think you'd want to increase boost however.

It's hard to say what is considered high hours, it's all to do with how it has been maintained.

+1
    07's are a good yr also.. just make sure they have metal slip washers on supercharger as mentioned above. If it's used chances are it will, just check as precaution.

+1
    all depends on whats done to the ski, most older skis have done all the newer updates to them, where are you located?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by meeper View Post
    most older skis have done all the newer updates to them,
    Huh?? My bet is less then 1% of all skis sold have been updated.. Why do you continue to post useless misleading info?

+1
    OK back on topic I agree 07+ is the most desirable but there is nothing wrong with the earlier models as long as the recommended maintenance was preformed.

+1
    Fill ride plate holes

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by beerdart View Post
    OK back on topic I agree 07+ is the most desirable but there is nothing wrong with the earlier models as long as the recommended maintenance was preformed.
    What year did Sea Doo upgrade to the metal supercharger washer? I hear I can just rebuild the supercharger with metal washer and correct this problem for about $300?

What are the other problems with some of the early models? I hear the exhaust valves were changed in either 2006 or 2007?

I also hear the shaft seal may have been changed on some years???

I do not mind rebuilding the supercharger with an updated metal washer kit but I do not want to do internal engine work like replacing valves.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by monaroman76 View Post
    I would be looking 08+. 08 was the first year the s/c models came with metal clutch washers and they didn't have any valve issues like the 04-05 models.

You can not just throw on the X charger and have it perform like the X. You would need to upgrade to an external intercooler, 42#, rrfpr and then you will be up around the same HP.

I'm sure you could do basic things like the air intake, exhaust, grate, etc and run it on 87. I don't think you'd want to increase boost however.

It's hard to say what is considered high hours, it's all to do with how it has been maintained.
    How much difference is there between the RXP and RXP-X? Is the difference mostly in acceleration? If so where does the RXP-X really pull away from a RXP? I assume both are about 66-68 on top end in stock form?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by thomasdjames1 View Post
    What year did Sea Doo upgrade to the metal supercharger washer? I hear I can just rebuild the supercharger with metal washer and correct this problem for about $300?

2008 was the first year with metal washers.

What are the other problems with some of the early models? I hear the exhaust valves were changed in either 2006 or 2007?

Valves oil system and flywheel bolts also in 08 they changed the oil spray bar for the SC.

I also hear the shaft seal may have been changed on some years???

I do not mind rebuilding the supercharger with an updated metal washer kit but I do not want to do internal engine work like replacing valves.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information