+1

fizzle 4 inch intake

i bought the fizzle intake and catch can from the online store.i was just wondering can i get away with out puting on the catch can.i was thinking that i could attach the breather hose to the kanaflex hose by drilling a hole in it and putting a bilge fitting backwards so the barb end is out so i could attach the breather hose to it.any thoughts.thanx richard.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by rjeffery View Post
    i bought the fizzle intake and catch can from the online store.i was just wondering can i get away with out puting on the catch can.i was thinking that i could attach the breather hose to the kanaflex hose by drilling a hole in it and putting a bilge fitting backwards so the barb end is out so i could attach the breather hose to it.any thoughts.thanx richard.
    Yes you can. The only issue I would have with it would be this: The idea of the 'catch' can is to catch the vapors and condensation and other fluids instead of them sucking back into the engine through the charger. The intake gets nasty and the charger impeller does as well. It is personal preference, but mine is for the fumes, oil, condensate etc. to go to the catch can rather than back into the engine. Some like it without as believed to prevent corrosion. I cannot confirm nor deny these results. JMO!

+1
    Some say the oil vapour that you will get back in the intake does well to prevent corrosion, especially if riding in salt water.

I've always had mine routed back into the kanaflex because I ride in salt water. JRfizzle says that running the catch can and riding in salt water wont cause a problem as long as you maintain and lube your throttle body, etc properly.

Hope this helps

+1
    thanx for the input.i drive strickly in fresh water so i guess i will way the pros and cons.thanx richard.

Thread Information