Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 21
  1. #1
    Water4fire's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    New Braunfels TX.
    Posts
    10,064
    +1
    790

    You gotta love these dang X IC's... JUNK

    Here it is on a 90 hour unit. Fresh water always.

    Anyone have a new version or what ever to sell.

    Dam JUNK IC's I now have 3 in my garagethat are junk. All less than a 100 hours.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_4603.jpg 
Views:	122 
Size:	83.9 KB 
ID:	260593  


  2. #2

    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    1,833
    +1
    119
    Is there any swelling? Modified machines? What do you think caused the leaks? I have not see any up here in Michigan, but most machines I work on are stockers.

  3. #3
    alex29573's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    miami
    Posts
    658
    +1
    1
    by any chance does the ski have a higher rev limit?

  4. #4
    Water4fire's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    New Braunfels TX.
    Posts
    10,064
    +1
    790
    This ski is completly stock and the other 2 I have on the floor. One was on a open loop set up and the swelling caused it to leak externally and is still good if I could have the outside re done.. But 2 of them were stock and here in the San Antonio area kept in the garage. It looks almost NEW.
    Anyway I need a replacement.

  5. #5
    Duke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    10,004
    +1
    406
    Water pressure needs to stay pretty low on these coolers. I add a T with a pressure relief on them to keep from bursting. If you want a really good core with high pressure abilities look at the 100hp Presicion coolers.

  6. #6
    Water4fire's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    New Braunfels TX.
    Posts
    10,064
    +1
    790
    Quote Originally Posted by Duke View Post
    Water pressure needs to stay pretty low on these coolers. I add a T with a pressure relief on them to keep from bursting. If you want a really good core with high pressure abilities look at the 100hp Presicion coolers.
    Duke thanks for the input, this is just a buds ski fromdown here and he wants it to stay all stock. He took it out and it was just running like crap and ofcoarse this is why. Fresh water ski and he babies it.
    Oh well I am just venting for him as I have seen so many leak. Heck I could only imagine how many you have seen.

    He may buy the new RIva replacement. ANy input on it

  7. #7
    Duke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    10,004
    +1
    406
    Quote Originally Posted by Water4fire View Post
    Duke thanks for the input, this is just a buds ski fromdown here and he wants it to stay all stock. He took it out and it was just running like crap and ofcoarse this is why. Fresh water ski and he babies it.
    Oh well I am just venting for him as I have seen so many leak. Heck I could only imagine how many you have seen.

    He may buy the new RIva replacement. ANy input on it
    Thought it was the same cooler.

  8. #8
    szt8b7's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Shreveport, LA
    Posts
    661
    +1
    6
    Quote Originally Posted by Duke View Post
    Water pressure needs to stay pretty low on these coolers. I add a T with a pressure relief on them to keep from bursting. If you want a really good core with high pressure abilities look at the 100hp Presicion coolers.


    What pressure can they hold up too? The relief valve sounds like cheap insurance.

  9. #9
    Eric Ocman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Cataula, Georgia, United States
    Posts
    4,700
    +1
    77
    swapped mine to an XS way back when I first started reading about the swelling issues.

  10. #10
    Site Admin Green Hulk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Morgan City, LA
    Posts
    36,398
    +1
    2,524
    Quote Originally Posted by Water4fire View Post
    Here it is on a 90 hour unit. Fresh water always.

    Anyone have a new version or what ever to sell.

    Dam JUNK IC's I now have 3 in my garagethat are junk. All less than a 100 hours.
    You get what you pay for Austin

    You might want to consider this as a replacement
    http://www.4-tecperformance.com/inde...oducts_id=1849

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. You just gotta love this guys advertising picture.
    By Smitty in forum Yamaha Open Discussion
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 08-14-2010, 09:02 PM
  2. you gotta love global warming ( 2 pictures )
    By GDM in forum Kawasaki PWC Performance (4-stroke)
    Replies: 27
    Last Post: 02-07-2008, 01:11 AM
  3. Gotta love gmail
    By Green Hulk in forum Sea Doo Open Discussion
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 04-12-2006, 11:29 AM
  4. gotta love Bush
    By PAINKILLER in forum Sea Doo Open Discussion
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 11-06-2005, 08:29 PM
  5. you gotta see this to beleve it
    By Krazy-K in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 08-23-2005, 09:39 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •