Waiting on my block off kit - took off B4 I got it

I have a block off kit coming from PPG, but tonight I wanted to tinker a bit with the ski, so I took off the OPAS system.

The only thing that is left is the rubber boot on the inside by the pump, and the rubber boot on the outside.

Am I on track?

I can't imagine I am not. I notice that there is a clear "dap" of silicone between the OPAS mounting holes. Do I shave it off or leave it?

FOR SALE, OPAS!!!

EZ Dock of Long Island Shibby1485's Avatar
    +1
    that rubber boot on the inside and outside... thats the same boot!! lol... it's about 1 foot long rubber boot that the OPAS rob passes thru, kinda like a tunnel. reach deep deep into the inside of the hull and grab that boot and pull it out.... OR.... push the boots into the hull so u can install the block off plates, but personally i remove everything and anything that is not serving a purpose so there's no lose parts layin in there.

+1
    shibby is right on Jeff.

grab a hanger, cut it, make a hook on one end and pull them out

Quote Originally Posted by Shibby1485
    that rubber boot on the inside and outside... thats the same boot!! lol... it's about 1 foot long rubber boot that the OPAS rob passes thru, kinda like a tunnel. reach deep deep into the inside of the hull and grab that boot and pull it out.... OR.... push the boots into the hull so u can install the block off plates, but personally i remove everything and anything that is not serving a purpose so there's no lose parts layin in there.
    Shibby: That is whyt I have you guys to help keep me on the right track. I will pull it through and out.

I noticed that there is a bit of silicone over a bolt hole of some sort on each side. Will I need to shave that off the get the block off plates to go on, or are the plates hollowed out to accomodate this silicone. I have not figured out what the hell this is for but it is on both sides.......

What the....??

The riva plates have a cut out for the bolt. the ppg plates are a giant rubber gasket without the cut out. i didn't install the ppg ones i went with the riva. BUt it seams like riva could have gone with a little more beef on the oring set up.

That bolt holds the 4 nuts in place that the 4 screws go to. I think

Just don't unscrew the small hex bolt. It holds the spider in place, which the blockoffs bolt to. Otherwise you'll have to fish the spiders out with that same coat hanger and hod them in place until you get a bolt started.

Quote Originally Posted by RXDI2
    Just don't unscrew the small hex bolt. It holds the spider in place, which the blockoffs bolt to. Otherwise you'll have to fish the spiders out with that same coat hanger and hod them in place until you get a bolt started.
    RXDI

so that silicone is for a hex bolt that holds the spider. If I am understanding oyu correctly, the spider in effect provides the threads on the back side of the fiberglass for the bolts to thread into.........

The silicone is just providing waterproofing.......

Do I have this about correct?

Yes, you got it. A simple job becomes more complicated if you lose the spider!

Thread Information