Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: GoPro HD HERO 2

+1

GoPro HD HERO 2

I just got my new GoPro that was released a little while now. It's the new HERO HD 2 that's supposed to be better than the HERO HD by 2x. Unfortunately I don't have my original HD HERO because it got destroyed in an off shore race, but from the specs of this thing I can tell it's going to produce some beautiful shots. It has a new 11MP sensor and 2x sharper lens. If you're looking for a good underwater camera that records in 1080p then this is definitely the camera for you. I would post up some video for you guys but unfortunately with my last HD HERO my SD card got destroyed along with the camera so I don't have an SD card right now and my new on is still waiting to be shipped to Trinidad, but when it does ship I will definitely post up some Trini CC racing for you guys.

I took some pics of the camera and where I'm going to mount it on my helmet though.

+1
    I mount mine directly on top so I have a even view of the left and right sides. When you have it on the side (I did that before) you get a view of one side really good, and the other side is not seen that well. And if you have your visor front and center, you can put a sponsor logo (i.e. Greenhulk.NET) right on the visor. I saw footage on a PWC for the Hero HD 2.0 and it was nicer than the 1.0 HD model I have. What I need help with is wind noise.

Here is some video footage from the GoPro Hero HD 2.0 on a PWC

+1
    Definitely like the field of view your getting with that mount. Gonna do both so that when I'm doing CC I can get the whole course and use the current mount when we're doing drag races so I can get the guy next to me

+1
    Sweet, can't wait to see some videos! Make sure to put a few floaties on that camera though

+1
    Carlos,

What format do you convert and upload the file?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by mikeFZR View Post
    Sweet, can't wait to see some videos! Make sure to put a few floaties on that camera though
    Speaking of floaties, I was just on GoPro's website and found that they do make floaties that attaches to the back door and keeps it afloat. Anyone who has a GoPro and into jetskiing, I recommend you tether your GoPro and use this floatie.

http://gopro.com/camera-accessories/floaty-backdoor/

RETIRED !! In Mobile AL or Wherever I Want To Go
    +1
    Very cool. I have the Hero,,and getting the Hero2 for Christmas. I want to see what the 90 field of view is going to be like in video.
    Great camera.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Waterholics View Post
    Speaking of floaties, I was just on GoPro's website and found that they do make floaties that attaches to the back door and keeps it afloat. Anyone who has a GoPro and into jetskiing, I recommend you tether your GoPro and use this floatie.

One thing I will point out. That floatie back door (I am almost certain) is only designed to float the camera itself, not a suction cup mount. So if you are using a suction mount and that were to break free, I'm not sure the floatie back door could keep the entire thing above water. I know the suction cup mount is damn strong, but just some food for thought

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by maxadrenaline View Post
    Very cool. I have the Hero,,and getting the Hero2 for Christmas. I want to see what the 90 field of view is going to be like in video.
    Great camera.
    My experience is to use the 127 degree field of view setting. The 180 degree view will distort the the 1080p image to give it that FISH EYE effect (bad).

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainReza View Post
    Carlos,

What format do you convert and upload the file?
    I upload the file to my computer. I use CyberLink PowerDirector (http://www.cyberlink.com/products/po...n_US.html?&r=1) to edit and upload to YouTube.

Quote Originally Posted by Waterholics View Post

+1 on that floaty tool

+1
    What extension file do you upload after you are done with cyberlink editing? I mean is it for example .wmv or .mp4? Cheers,
    Reza
    [QUOTE=Carlos Thomas;1854748]

I upload the file to my computer. I use CyberLink PowerDirector (http://www.cyberlink.com/products/po...n_US.html?&r=1) to edit and upload to YouTube.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information