Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    +1

Vent, Flo-Rite. Are they heavy duty?

Guys, I am about to install a pair of Rivas 2" Flo-Rites on my RXP-X. However, i am not sure if they will resist the bang of the sea as the bike lands on its tail after jumping a wave! I know they are suposed to help releasing hot air from the engine compartment, but I was thinking that as a bonus, they will allow the sound of my new HKS Blow off valve to be much louder, since the go very close to were the valve is installed. The downside is that if they break during landing, then I would have a pair of 2" waterport (one at each side of the craft) alowing sea water right into the valve and into the engine aswell. Has anybody tried this vents?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Raul Fosca View Post
    Guys, I am about to install a pair of Rivas 2" Flo-Rites on my RXP-X. However, i am not sure if they will resist the bang of the sea as the bike lands on its tail after jumping a wave! I know they are suposed to help releasing hot air from the engine compartment, but I was thinking that as a bonus, they will allow the sound of my new HKS Blow off valve to be much louder, since the go very close to were the valve is installed. The downside is that if they break during landing, then I would have a pair of 2" waterport (one at each side of the craft) alowing sea water right into the valve and into the engine aswell. Has anybody tried this vents?
    They are not very durable, I ride flat water and replace mine somewhat often. The plastic will snap causing the screen to pop out, likely due to heat.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Raul Fosca View Post
    Are you running rear air?

+1
    This is what we use up here in Chicago,much more durable that the plastic ones..Ive been running them on my skis for 2 years now with no issues...

https://www.denniskirk.com/slp/flow-...prd/181689.sku

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Snoman View Post
    This is what we use up here in Chicago,much more durable that the plastic ones..Ive been running them on my skis for 2 years now with no issues...

https://www.denniskirk.com/slp/flow-...prd/181689.sku
    +1 on those. We tried the ones in the store and They often just disappear. These are rock solid.

+1
    I am running the flowrites. No problem in about 1 year.

The ones Sno put up look pretty good.

+1
    I had the regular flow-rites on the cowling of my 2004RXP, used ski for 1 year prior to doing my conversion. They held in fine. If I were to install another set, I would be willing to tryy the ones Sno posted ^

+1
    Thanks for the comments. I am going to look into the recomended vents and see how they go.

I am running a 4" inlet with a riva filter located at the nose of the craft.

+1
    Interesting. I think i might try some of this product.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information