+1

keeping a 2000 virage alive!

i recently came across a 2000 polaris virage for spares or repair

(basicly the trailer axle rotted and it collapsed whilst beeing towed at high speed, sending the virage off the trailer onto the highway.)

i got it with the damaged trailer for £300 GBP so i took a gamble on it. (their was no battery so it wouldnt start or power up the display)

i planed to repair the hull but it had more damage than photos suggested. it fell heavily on the starboard side. and the rear port side corner took a hefty wack. and the stearing nozzle was smashed.

here is the advert photo

i got the ski home, and under inspection it had a full tank of fuel (its got a big tank and fuel is expensive here in England!)

when i got the ski home i put a battery on it and to my suprise the display powered up all ok and read a cheeky 47 hours!!!

the seat had the usual tiny snags in the front corners that the virages get, but other than that and the hull it was a tidy boat!

it also had a brand new reverse cable.

as the hull is passed repair, ive decided to scrap it. here is it in its current state

and luckily..... ive found a 2000 polaris tx hull/trailer which is being parted out. and its only an hours drive away.
    here is a pic

got a cheep ski with some elbow grease.

ive cut out and lept the original 2000 virage decals, which ill use to get some new ones remanufactured

Rasta Mon Condoms We Be Jammin!!!!! TxVirageTx's Avatar
    +1
    going red or blue hood??looks like the blue ones got some damage.the tx hull came with a batwing ride plate and longer sponsons,a little blue spray paint over just the red graphics might look pretty cool.

SPEED KILLS, BUT YOU GET THERE QUICKER Keddano's Avatar
    +1
    Sweet Deal, Sounds like you'll have a nice ski when done. ANd some spare parts to boot.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by TxPro1200 View Post
    going red or blue hood??looks like the blue ones got some damage.the tx hull came with a batwing ride plate and longer sponsons,a little blue spray paint over just the red graphics might look pretty cool.
    I knew the sponsons where longer, the 2000 / 2001 virage 700 sponsons are pants. i usually bolt the longer type to the hull (did for a friend of mine recently)

but i didnt realise the the ride plate was different. im guessing it will be ok to run with it from the tx?

the tx hull is apparently very tidy. the gelcoat is ment to be tip-top. i think its got hydro mats.

the blue body panels on my virage are perfect (the 'damage' to the hood is a flakey delcal )

i want to go blue and get the OEM decals remade as kinda like the look of the 2000 virage. my mate has one, and my bro in law had one.

i like the virage hull, and i like the MSX hulls. so ill have best of both

+1
    the 2000 virage is now alive again thanks to the virage tx hull transplant! the 'Op' went well

Where are you thinking of getting new graphics made? I'm in Cornwall & have some spiderweb cracks to deal with on my 2001 Virage TX. I'll have to remove the stickers on the side & wondered where might be able to make some new graphics. I quite fancy some custom stickers, but copies of the originals ould be good. I'm fed up with having to pay the import duties on stuff from the states (£30 before you start) so thought I'd ask seeing as you're UK based.
    Sorry to hijack the thread.

Thread Information