Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Intake question

Intake question

Hey guys i am getting a bunch of mods for my 06 RXP this christmas and one of them is the RIVA power filter intake. I was looking at the install and see it sits right in front of the engine. My question is should i but the flow rite vents and install them somewhere in my ski. Any info would be great on this along with a good location on where to put them or if they will be just a waste since i am not running the rear air kit. But i ride in smooth and chopy water depending on wher i take my ski up here so thats why i am going with the RIVA power intake kit and not the rear air one. Thanks again for any info

+1
    If u are worried about water don't cut any holes in your boat

No worried about water as in sinking or water ingestion as the chop i ride in, when i ride in chop isnt to bad. But i do like spin my ski around sometimes and bank it in turn pretty hard. Just wondering is there will be any benefit from these with running the intake i am going to run or if it will be a big waste of money

+1
    You should get some noticeable gain from the intake

Autism Speaks. Its Time To Listen gOt BoOsT's Avatar
    +1
    no flow rites needed, but you should have gone with a fizzle 4' intake!

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by gOt BoOsT View Post
    no flow rites needed, but you should have gone with a fizzle 4' intake!
    +1

My problem with the fizzle 4 inch intake is that yes you get more air comming down the pipe but as soon as you hit the SC it restricts down to 3 inch and cause the smooth air flow to become disturbed and that i dont like. I do alot of preformance work on cars as well. So the benifit of the 4 inch is almost gone at that point because the inlet of the SC is 3in. So in my opinion i like the RIVA better. Also RIVA has done extensive research and development and if the found 4inch to be better i am sure they would have went with it. So i guess i wont use the flow rites since i wont need them then. Thanks for your opinions everyone

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by ndarimont View Post
    My problem with the fizzle 4 inch intake is that yes you get more air comming down the pipe but as soon as you hit the SC it restricts down to 3 inch and cause the smooth air flow to become disturbed and that i dont like. I do alot of preformance work on cars as well. So the benifit of the 4 inch is almost gone at that point because the inlet of the SC is 3in. So in my opinion i like the RIVA better. Also RIVA has done extensive research and development and if the found 4inch to be better i am sure they would have went with it. So i guess i wont use the flow rites since i wont need them then. Thanks for your opinions everyone
    Do your research here and you will see that everyone gains RPM when switching from Riva to 4". You will see a bigger gain again with a rear air setup over 4". Don't get me started on Riva products (I have plenty bolted on to my ski) because broken grates and poor fitting ride plates are the end result of their "extensive research"

In the end it's your ski and your decision. We just want to help our fellow riders out!

+1
    I had the Riva power filter fitted and moved to the 4" kanaflex type intake and gained another 40rpm and the mid range pick up seemed better. I used the R&D type 4" adapter on the Scer

Autism Speaks. Its Time To Listen gOt BoOsT's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by ndarimont View Post
    there will be more available air inside a 4" pipe than a 3" regardless of the transition size. use what you have, but remember theres still a bit on the table.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information